18

Chapter 18| Territorial Bitch

I had always been a fan of car rides. Never complained. 

Until now. 

"How long?" Rese Freaking Alvaro asked his mother for the fortieth time in the past thirty minutes. My eye twitched a little as I stared out the window from behind him.

 I felt bad for Russet who had to sit between him and Gavin. She looked ready to slap the boy. 

I had gotten the better end of the deal, being on the right side with Salmon in the middle and Gavin sitting on the left. 

Salmon had made it clear he didn't care for personal space as he laid out across both me and Gavin. But I didn't really mind as I absentmindedly scratched him behind his ear every so often. 

"Only five more hours." Mrs. Alvaro says from the front seat. She begins to laugh as my face falls and I glare bullets in the back of Rese's head while Russet verbally groans, letting her head fall on Talan's shoulder. He doesn't say anything and only glances down at her. 

"Five more minutes and I'm going to shoot myself. You know what–" Russet says, and I watch with a raised eyebrow as she unbuckles her seatbelt, and I begin to chuckle as she lays out across the two boys. Rese is the only one who complains verbally, but she doesn't move an inch. 

I looked out the back window as everyone began to settle down the best they could. There were three other vans behind ours full of everyone who had been in the mountain house that the Alvaro's owned. 

We had left late at night, Rese carrying me out into the van because I refused to wake up once I had peacefully fallen asleep with Rese after he tried to show me how territorial he could be. I smiled subconsciously as I remember it. My hand came up to my neck, and my cheeks flushed as I felt the bite mark he had left by accident. 

His apology didn't seem like he was really sorry for causing it. After he bit me, I pushed him to the other side of the bed and fell asleep in the blink of an eye. 

"How–" Before Rese could ask again, a low growl came out of my throat, and he shut up, glancing back at me with a wink. I glared at him, showing him just how annoyed I was with him.

Rese stayed quiet for the next hour, letting everyone in the back slowly fall asleep. As I looked around the dark car, I saw that Talan and Russet had fallen asleep laying on each other, and Salmon and Gavin had fallen asleep as well. Rese and I were the only ones up beside his mother and a pack member driving. 

Rese's father was in the van in front of our's because he knew the way to the airport. 

We had woken up in the middle of the night because all of the alphas had responded to Mr. Alvaro's request to hold a meeting somewhere, and there was no time to waste. 

While everyone thought it was much safer for me to be at the cabin for a longer time, there was an agreement that the meeting should take place in another pack's territory. I had vaguely heard what Rese and his father whispered about before they got into the vans. 

The pack's territory was that of the War Alpha, Damian. His pack was the largest and he had the most territory out of all the alphas. It would be a safer option for me if there was an attack. But Rese didn't look thrilled as he got into the van, and I could still feel his nerves as I sat behind him. 

I knew the look he had on his face. He was being a territorial male, and he felt threatened by this War Alpha because Rese and I weren't exactly together yet. We had not gotten to the point where we were dating or anything. The one date we had was cut short.