26

Chapter 26| The Roiko and The Hellhound

"Calina," I could hear someone yell, but it sounded like a whisper against the roar that still deafened me from the inside, "Calina! Stop, Calina!" I couldn't stop

I could feel the raw power coursing through my veins, rumbling as the fire became more and more destructive. I looked over my shoulder as I stood amid the destruction, and I saw Siras yelling for me, his eyes filled with hellfire and death, flowing blood red. 

'Siras, help me.' I call out, feeling like I was screaming for him but I was only whispering, hoping that he would hear me. 'Siras, please help me.' I called out, and I watched as his eyes flared with the fire, and then he exploded. The Shadows started to circle him as the fire began to burn through his skin. He took a step into the destruction, bracing against the violent winds that tore at him. He didn't falter in his steps as he came for me. His body rippled with heat and hellfire, creating a dark wind that rivaled my own. 

He reached his hand out as he got close, his chaotic eyes boring into my own chaos filled ones.

'It's ok, Moon Kissed. I'm here with you.' I hear his whispered words, and I reach out, gripping onto his hand tightly as if I was going to fall off a cliff again. He pulled me towards him as the ground began to split below me, creating deeper scars in the earth. As his arms wrapped around me, be blocked out the chaos that screamed at me and silenced the beast that roared at me. 

'I can't breathe.' I tell him breathlessly, hiding my face in the darkness of his jacket, hoping that it could hide me from the screaming demons. 'Siras, I can't breathe.' My voice becomes more panicked and the beast inside me hesitates at the vulnerability that surfaces. It didn't know fear or pain. It only knew power and destruction. But it would know those today. It would know pain and it would know fear beyond ordinary fear and pain. 

'I'm here with you and I will never leave you.' Siras tells me, as I feel his arms tighten around me.

But the comfort that I felt was shattered as the violent growl of Rese Alvaro rippled through the air, his eyes full of fury and a promise of death directed right at Siras. 

∞∞∞

I could hear them arguing through the wall.

The Moon Flames wrapping around my shoulder as if trying to give me a comforting hug. It didn't want me to feel the fear I was feeling.

They had been yelling and snarling for hours at each other while I sat in the room next door with Russet and Mrs. Alvaro. They hadn't approached me as I sat curled in the chair beside the window, staring out at the smoke that barreled into the sky a few miles away. The smoke from the destruction I had caused.

"Can someone please shut them up!" Russet finally snarls after three hours and the room next door goes silent. Russet snaps and snarls as she storms out of the room, not returning.

Mrs. Alvaro stood up in the silence filling the other room and she walked over to sit in the chair next to me. I don't acknowledge her presence until she grabs my hand, and I look over at her.

She sees just how torn up I am, she sees the deep scars that still marred my soul. She sees it.

"I know, Calina, that you wanted a normal life. I can see it in your eyes every day. You long for it as I used to long to find my wolf." She whispers, not letting go of my hand, "I know you don't want this hurt that the world has given you. But you found a way to keep it hidden from the world until that world started to change. I know that you stopped asking questions about your mother's death because they didn't give you any answers. I know that you tried your hardest to hide the scars, but scars surface sometimes, Calina." Her words strike a chord deep inside my heart and I begin to cry, letting the crystal tears flow down my red cheeks because it hurt too much to keep them from falling.