31

Chapter 31| Hellraiser

I could smell the stench of death and chaos as I walked onto the battlefield, the power surging from me as The Moon Flames roared all around me, destroying anything and everything in its path. The wolves and the Star Soldiers all moved out of the way as I walked into the thick of the battle, but the Moon Flames didn't hurt anyone as they passed over fighting soldiers. They burned any enemy to ashes instantly. 

After the explosion of Moon Flames, Siras had vanished. 

I hadn't seen him fight but considering it was still pitch black outside and the Shadow Soldiers were still fighting, he had to be around here somewhere. 

The explosion had almost caused half of the battlefield to erupt in flames, and I was positive that when the Shadows and Moon Flames collided together they created this weapon that could destroy anything in its path. But Siras had vanished before everything could be destroyed and I wasn't sure if that was because he was hurting me or because I wasn't strong enough to handle it all.

'In order for the entire battlefield to explode, you would have had to die, Starshine.' I heard Siras say, and I faltered in my confident steps towards the middle of the battlefield, 'Don't focus on that right now. You're in a war zone and you have to fight as soon as those cute little moonbeam powers begin to waver.' He adds, and I nod, not knowing where he was, but he could see me. 

'I never got that armor you promised me.' I tell him and I hear his dark laughter and my lips curl up a little bit. 

'I have something much better for you.' He says and I look around, gripping my sword tightly. I jumped back as a dark shadow raced past me ripping through the enemy at the front lines, and my eyes widened as I saw that this was my Beta who was fighting like a demon. 'You're Beta will protect you as armor would.' Siras explains and I nod again, watching as the Moon Flames began to waver around me, and a few seconds later the first halfling broke through my barrier. 

I let out a little squeal of surprise as it lunged at me, and then I remembered all of the things that Siras had taught me about fighting. 

I heard a breathless laugh as I sank the blade of my sword into the Halfling's throat, and blood spilled everywhere. As I pulled the sword out, I didn't have time to look at the dead Halfling before another one lunged at me, and I raised my sword up to defend myself. 

I wasn't even prepared for one of Ceasar's wolves to lunge at me through the flames, snarling with rage in its dark eyes. My mouth fell open just a little bit as I was quickly overwhelmed with enemies who were all trying to kill me first. 

"Wolf!" I yelled, struggling to fight them all off at the same time. A second later, my Beta was lunging at some of them, snarling defensively as he helped me manage the crowd, and together we worked like a well-oiled machine, splitting the enemy forces in half. 

As I fought, I began to grow slightly tired and as my movements became slower, I dropped the sword and shifted as fast as I could while I was unprotected. With a roar, I lunged at the enemy once again, sinking my razor sharp teeth into whatever was within my range. I didn't even focus on the screams of pain and the blood that covered the ground in a slick layer as I fought. Instead, I focused on the kill, narrowing my senses on every single enemy that ran across my field of view. I ripped any and everything apart without a second of hesitation. 

'Calina,' I hear Siras say breathlessly as I heard a single scream that made my heart freeze, 'You have to keep fighting. He's your kill but you have to earn him first.' Siras says as I look up and see Ceasar waiting for me, his eyes never leaving my figure. He knew I was here, and he knew what I was here for. I wanted one thing right now, and that was to rip his blood throat from his body and watch as he chokes to death.