21

Chapter 21| A Moonlit Encasing

I knew I shouldn't have said that to Rese after he begged for me to trust him. I knew it, but I said it anyways and now I was suffocating under him. 

So I decided letting my wolf side take full control was the best option as we raged through the snowy forest. My vision swam with red, and I was so distracted, I didn't see the cliff that I was running right for. I only realized it was there when I was running off of it.

But I never actually fell before something dragged me away from the cliff by my tail. I whipped around after a moment of stunned shock that I had almost died, and I snarled at whatever had just saved me. But my snarl fell silent as I saw what had pulled me from the cliff. 

That strange as hell wolf. He stood there silently, unaffected by the snarl I had pinned him with. 

We stared at each other, my body dwarfed by his. Neither one of us attacked. 

I watched cautiously as the wolf sat down, his tail curling around to his left side. I could almost see dark shadows bouncing off his fur, but my eyes must have been playing tricks on me. 

'You're like me,' A voice suddenly says in my mind, splitting through an eerie quietness, 'You can hear me, can't you?' It was a male voice, deep and smooth sounding. I jumped back, almost sending myself over the edge of the cliff again. I couldn't run away from this one. Terror filled every bone in my body as I froze. 

I watched as shadows and whispers of black fire arose on his black fur and I knew that my eyes were no longer playing tricks on me. This was real. 

The Moon Flames immediately ignited across my fur, the whispers of light moving against my body as I stared at this wolf. We both seemed to mirror each other, our eyes burning with color. 

'You are like me.' The voice breathes out in my mind and my head whips to the right as I feel a breath blow against my side. I snarl, pulling my lip back to flash my sharp teeth in warning. My movement said it all. I could hear and feel this wolf loud and clear. I looked back at the wolf and I snarled defensively, pinning my ears back against my skull. 

How could he get into my head? Or was I just going insane?

'Who are you?' I asked lowly, my voice filled with caution. I felt like a moron talking through my own head to this wolf who may or may not be talking to me. The wolf's ears twitched and he stayed perfectly calm while I freaked out. 

'There's no need to freak out, Moon Kissed, I'm not here to harm you,' His words do little to calm me down, 'My name is Siras, and I think I've been looking for you.'  I couldn't recall anyone I knew with the name Siras.

 No one in the pack, no Alpha I knew. I had no idea who he was and the thought that he had been looking for me sent me off the edge. Literally. 

I stumbled back as the thought of this being Ceasar making me go wild. My back paws slipped off the edge of the cliff and I let out a panicked sound–sounding nothing like a wolf–as I slipped off the cliff, the wind howling past me loudly. 

I was falling one second, seeing my life flash before me as I watched the ground come closer, and then the next second, my paws were on the ground, my heart beating wildly inside my chest. Even my wolf eyes were wide in utter shock and terror as I stared at the spot I had been in seconds before I had fallen off the cliff. 

The wolf–Siras–was now standing up, an alert expression on his face. I didn't even growl as he slowly trotted over, his cold nose going through the Moon Flames without getting burned, and he nudged my side, pushing me away from the cliff. He left me a wide open space to escape.