20

Chapter 20| Meeting of The Packs

"Well, goddamn." I heard someone say as we stepped out of the vans, looking at the massive castle-like building that had to be the pack house for Rese's half-brother. 

It was beautiful, but I guessed it would be more beautiful when the snow wasn't covering everything. 

"Welcome!" Someone yelled, breaking the silence that had blanketed everyone in the group. Vans were still arriving, but there were already people walking around here. I guessed that some pack members had already chosen to fly straight down here, rather than taking a detour with us. 

I looked up in the direction of the voice and I saw a man who looked a little older than Rese standing beside a gorgeous woman. He stood in a relaxed position, unafraid of how many different packs there were in his territory right now. I could barely hold myself back from attacking every single person.

Everyone began to line up to formally greet the war alpha, and as we got closer, I grabbed Rese's hand, letting him know that I wouldn't leave him. Rese glanced down at me and smiled, taking a deep breath. Both of our eyes seemed to glimmer with a wolfish hue as we stepped right towards Damian. I tightened my grip on Rese's hand as I felt him pull a little towards Damian. 

Damian smiled at both of us, taking a second to glance down at our intertwined hands that were secured together tightly. "Hello, Brother, it's been a long time. I see you've brought your girl along." Damian says, his voice rough, almost like his animal state hadn't quite left his presence. 

Rese nodded after a second, "Hello, Damian. This is Calina, Calina, Damian." Rese says, having to force it out. I smiled at Damian, extremely cautious of what my wolf was feeling right now, and how the moon flames reacted to Damian. 

I found it odd how the flames shied away from the war alpha. It was almost as if they were scared of him. 

"It's lovely to meet you, Calina." Damian said, reaching his hand out. I hesitated, but reached my hand out as well, letting our hands meet. I felt a cold chill rush through my veins at his touch, and a shiver traveled down my spine.

As I felt something like a knife poke my skin, I pulled my hand out of Damian's grasp. I watched as something like annoyance flashed through Damian's eyes as our hands left each other. 

He wanted something from me. I could see it deep in his eyes. 

It felt exactly like what I had felt when I watched all those murdered girls through Rese's eyes. He had never told me how he had been there to watch them all die. 

But I could see his thoughts play out through his eyes, and I looked down quickly, not want to reveal anything to him about what I now knew. I couldn't tell Rese about this. 

When I didn't respond to the war alpha, Rese started to pull me away, giving his half-brother a tight-lip smile as we walked inside. Rese said nothing to me as we followed everyone else to where the meeting was going to be held. 

As we walked I began to change all my plans in my head about what I was going to reveal. 

Something else besides Ceasar was working against us, and I couldn't reveal anything important without knowing who was working against us. I could feel the anxiousness rise within me. 

"Are you alright?" Rese asks me quietly as we managed to get someone space between us and the other people walking down the hallway. I nodded instantly, well aware that I was not okay. 

"Of course, don't worry about me." I tell him and I watch as he frowns, glancing down at me as I look at the ground, sorting through the most important topics I was going to bring to light today. I definitely couldn't let anyone besides Rese and maybe his family know that I was the daughter of Ceasar and that I had a half-sister. Things would immediately begin to go astray.