32

Chapter 32| The Last Draw

I had never smelled nor seen so much death in my life. Blood stained the ground everywhere I looked, and bodies were piled on top of each other, mangled and ripped apart. 

Most of the bodies belonged to Ceasar's fallen army, and I couldn't help but feel some kind of remorse for the dead wolves that I saw. They didn't know what they were doing right up until someone ripped them apart. 

"Calina!" Someone yelled, and my head whipped around and I saw Russet pointing at something. Her face was ashen and pale. I looked over to where she was pointing and I froze when I saw Ceasar holding a knife up to his neck like a coward. I curled my lip into a snarl, letting The Moon Flames diminish around me. 

"You're a coward," I tell him, "You'd rather take your own life than face me." I see anger spark in his eyes and he dropped the knife, snarling at me. I looked away from him and at his Beta who stood behind him, waiting anxiously for something to happen. 

"If I take my life, then Sidra goes with me." He says gravely and I furrow my brows together in confusion. My eyes snap over as someone moves, and I clench my jaw as I see a beaten Sidra being pulled towards Ceasar. I stood my ground, my feet itching to carry me over to save her. I had to save her. 

"You won't do it," I tell him, crystal tears beginning to line my eyes, "You love her." I tell him, but deep down, I knew that he had gotten beyond the point of insanity, and I had no clue of knowing what he would do next. He would kill her if he thought he had to. 

"I know," He says, smiling sadly and I see crystal tears in his eyes now, "I do love her. She's my daughter, and I would do anything to protect my daughter." His words hurt me a little bit. He didn't think of me as a daughter he thought of me as his weapon. I stared at him, my hand curling around the dagger tightly. 

"Calina," Sidra whispered, her voice broken, "Don't do it." She says, shaking her head as she stared at me with a spark in her eyes. I stared at her, not sure what to do. Ceasar could slit his throat before I even took a step. 

The air around us shifted as The Moon Flames began to dance with the lightning on my fingertips, and I took a deep breath. 

"You're right," I tell Ceasar and he stares at me, "You would do anything for Sidra. But you will never let her die. I have to break it to you, father. I played your game of tricks and I figured them out." I tell him and I could feel Rese staring at the back of my head in shock and Sidra was gawking at me. 

"I underestimated you, Calina," Ceasar rasps out, "I thought you were the girl who would take something tragic and turn it into the cage that would sedate you from finding out who you really were. I thought you would be the girl who lost her mom in a car crash and would lose a part of herself." He explains and I take a small step forward. 

"You were wrong," I told him sharply and quietly, "You made the mistake of underestimating me and believing that I wouldn't cause you any trouble after you killed my mom, and you were wrong. You had the chance to kill me if you saw the power that laid beneath my eyes, but you never once saw it and now here I am, getting revenge on the terrible mistake you made." I tell him and I feel Siras's pride down through our bond. I was standing up for myself–for everyone.

"So what are you going to do then, my daughter?" He asks, dropping the knife, and I smile sharply. I don't let him see the sparkle in my eyes as I see Sidra moving closer to him. 

"I'm not going to be doing anything to you," I tell him, "That's her job." I say coldly, nodding at Sidra once and as Ceasar turns around, it was too late. There was an explosion of red fire as Sidra cast a spell on her father. I smiled as he screamed, watching him burn in the red magic flames. Sidra's eyes reflected that fire, and I now saw that someone didn't have to be a wolf to have a wolfish side to them. Sidra enjoyed this pain she was causing him, and she was attacking her prey.