one || july third (part one)

8:13July 3, 2014

"How are you feeling?" The lady sitting behind the desk asked. Her brunette hair was pulled in a tight bun as usual. Black rim glasses slipped down her nose as she looked at the younger girl with sympathetic eyes.

"I'm lovely." The young girl, Genevieve, smiled titling her head slightly. Unlike all the other times she had said those two words she was telling the truth this time. This time she knows she is getting out of this place. Carterwood is a wonderful rehabilitation center, but Genevieve was tired of seeing the same people everyday, doing the same thing every day. It was all so boring. She wanted her brother and her friends. Not these people.

"That's splendid, Genevieve." The lady, Ms. Carter, grinned writing something on the clipboard in front of her. Genevieve flashed another smile while she pushed a piece of sandy blond hair behind her ear. Ms.Carter began marking things on the paper, "Weight is normal. Feelings are normal." Then she began mumbling more stuff that was not coherent. After she smiled up at Genevieve and began talking about she was free to go, but- there is always a but isn't there?

But if she ever felt like she was going to relapse to call. On top of that every two weeks she had to visit a therapist to make sure she was really okay. Genevieve didn't mind visiting a therapist because it was for her own good. Honestly she does not want to get bad again. That would mean the whole two years she has spent here would go to waste and Genevieve hates being wasteful.

Ms.Carter finished her speech before standing up to bring Genevieve in a hug. "I am so proud of you." The older lady mumbled. Genevieve heart swelled at her kind words. That was the exact thing her brother had told her when he figured out she was getting out. He was proud of her, and that was like music to her ears.

Genevieve's dirty vans scraped against the tile as she exited the room. The sound of her heart beating in her ears mixed in with her thoughts. Im going home. Lovely. This is lovely. At the doors, the desk boy had brought her bag. Genevieve jumped into the boy's arm, making him stumble back. She mumbled a thank you before pulling away, grabbing her bags, and walking out the door leaving the desk boy slightly confuse since he had never seen her before.

8:45 July 3, 2014

Ashton tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. Excitement was building in him as he grew closer two his destination. ACDC blared throughout the old Ford truck as he raced down the back roads. Darcy silently sat in the passenger side sketching the tan boy driving. She was adoring the smile that couldn't seem to leave his face as they drove to pick up his sister and her best friend.

Michael and Luke sat out side the cafe at the small table for two. Michael was rambling about how excited he was for the big fourth of July party they were throwing. "It's going to be wicked!" Michael exclaimed, "You know, I heard that Leigh-Anne chick thinks your hot. You know what that means." Michael smirked before wrapping his arms around his body and having an intense make out session with the air as if it was a girl. Luke chuckled as they got some strange stares from other customers.

"Nah, bro. She isn't my type. I think I will just stay with Genevieve since she is going to be here. I can't wait to see her again." Luke smiled as he received the bill from the waitress. They sat in silence as Luke counted the bills and handing it to the woman. The two boys got up from spot and began walking down the sidewalk.

"Genevieve? You like Genevieve still? C'mon, the chick is crazy." Michael scoffed. The image of the anorexic girl appeared in his mind. For some odd reason he just didn't like her. Wait, he knew the reason. She was an attention seeker. Why else would she starve and harm herself? She didn't have a reason too.

"Hey, Genevieve is not crazy." Luke mumbled. He had a crush on her since grade 9 and now that they are in college he thinks he actually has a chance with her. The two boys continued to walk down the street in till they had reached Wal-Mart parking lot. Luke kept talking as they walked pass the many parked cars. "She has her reasons, Mic-" The two boys were silence as a rusty white van was pulling out the parking space and nearly hit Michael.

"Watch were you are going, idiot!" Michael yelled at who ever was in the vehicle. "Look, all I am saying is maybe you should just get over her and focus on how many beers we need for this party."

Calum and Steph sat across from each other as they sat at their booth in Waffle House. They talked about random things like how Michael needs to lay off the alcohol, and how excited they were for Genevieve was getting back. Oh, and Calum would not stop talking about the stupid party that was happening tomorrow.

"Do you think she is really better?" Steph asked taking a sip of her orange juice. Genevieve and Steph had been pretty close and to just have her taken away from her for two years was pretty harsh. She missed Genevieve's positive comments and her beautiful smile.

Calum shrugged, shoving a large piece of his waffle in his mouth, "Yeah, I mean they wouldn't just let her out if she wasn't." He spoke. It sounded somewhat jibberish, but Steph knew what he meant. She rolled her eyes at his boyish ways and pointed towards a napkin so Calum would know to wipe the syrup off his chin. He wiped it off and Steph sighed before looking out the window. Her eyes landed on a rusty white van with a man in it staring back at her.

rusty white vans always make me cautious, so i would watch out luke, michael, steph and calum

gif on the side: genevieve

dedication: dani bc she is lovely

imma do a quick casting thingy, these are how i picture the characters(you dont have to picture them like this, but this is how i do :)

hannah murray as genevieve(eve) irwin

ashton irwin as ashton irwin

freya mavor as darcy loveless

luke hemmings as luke hemmings

michael clifford as michael clifford

jessica sula as stephanie(steph) smith

comment and vote ily xoxo kota