july 4

July 4 8:32 am

"Michael, you there, mate?" Ashton spoke into the phone. His voice was shaky, his heart was beating loud, and his stomach was churning. There was no doubt that he was freaking out as he paced back and fourth around his and Darcy's bedroom.

"Why are you calling, Ash? You do realize how early it is?" Michael groggily complained. He was leaning over the side of his bed, holding the phone to his ear. With the other hand he repeatably ran his fingers through his naughty hair. Last night he got no sleep. Luke had kept him up all night on the phone ranting how Steph was hogging Genevieve. Ever since there little shopping spree, Eve spent the night with Steph. Lets just say Luke is not a happy camper.

"Mikey, I'm tripping. Last night Darcy went to do something with her sister and she has not come home yet. I mean I understand if she stayed with her sister, but she has not texted or call. Heck, she hasn't even answered my calls! I am starting to get worried. What if something happened?" Ashton said quickly. Repeatably he kept looking out the curtains and peeping down the halls in hope Darcy would waltz right on in. But she didn't.

"You are over reacting. I am sure her and Marilyn went out and had a couple of drinks then they went home safe and sound back to Marilyn's. Now give it another hour or two, if she doesn't text you by then then we will go looking. Okay?" Michael got out of bed and walked to the kitchen in his udnerwear while Ashton loudly sighed on the other end.

"You don't understand! She would have texted by now if she was okay but she hasn-" Ashton stopped his rant when his phone buzzed. Without second thinking he quickly pulled the phone away from his ear to check. One new text message. In that moment he felt relief.

NEW MESSAGE FROM: darcy (:

hi sorry i did not come home last night. i was with marilyn. oh and i forgot the address for the party, tell me again please?

"Just kidding. She just texted me." Ashton smiled.The weight of worry was lifted off his shoulder. Thank God she was okay. That's all he wanted was for her to be okay.

NEW MESSAGE TO: darcy (:

you had me scared half to death, babe. how is ole marilyn? 2297 Willow Branch Dr. , just remember it starts at eight and we are doing fireworks around ten. i love you

NEW MESSAGE FROM: darcy (:

im fine, im just dead tired right now. and marilyn is just occupied at the moment. i love you, see you soon

Ashton smiled sending his girlfriend back a 'i love you too' before sitting the phone down and getting ready for tonight. It was going to be a killing party.

7:43 pm July 4th

"How about this one?" Steph grinned holding up a green dress in front of Genieve who scrunched up her nose disapprovingly. "What? It's lime green." Eve scoffed taking the artical of clothing and putting it back in the closet where it belong (no, it actually belongs in the trash.)

"No, it puke green. I am just going to wear your ripped skinny jeans, kay?" She didn't even wait for a response before taking a pair of black ripped jeans from Steph closet. They were Eve's favorite pair of Steph's pants and they basically went with anything. So, Eve didn't even bother changing out of her Nirvana shirt. Steph playfully rolled her eyes before pulling out some high waisted shorts.

The boys just got done setting up the party. It was basically going to be wicked since the house Calum has been staying in is in the middle of no where which means they won't get in trouble for having the music too loud or whatever like last time. The nearest house is about fifty miles away, so no problems there.

8:23 pm July 4th

Luke and Michael sat on the couch surrounded by a group of girls Michael had picked up from out doors. Luke was not really interested into the sluts, he was just waiting for Eve to get there. He can't even text her since she doesn't have a phone, but Steph said they were almost there.

"Yeah, I go to the gym like three times a day." Michael lied as the girl beside him poke his not so muscular arms. All the girls giggled loudly making Luke rolled his eyes and continued searching for the familiar blond he has been waiting to see. A smile crept on his face as he saw her push past a group of people.

In no time he jumped off the couch, not giving Michael a second glance. He locked his eyes with Genevieve's causing her to smirk and disappear in the crowd. Luke laughed out loud, she has always been the goofy one out of the group. Well that's when she wasn't upset. It was nice to have her back.

With Luke's tall height he could easily see her mop of blond curls bobbing and weaving through the crowd. He couldn't help but loudly laugh as she turned around, grinning at him, but then she escaped the crowd disappearing into a hall. Excitement was bubbling inside him as he expected to see Eve standing in the hall. The excitement quickly disappeared when he saw the hallway was empty, but the second door was wide open.

His smile appeared back onto his face as he took a step into the room. It was empty. As he peered around the room, a loud slam caught his attention. The door was shut. "Eve, is that you?" A hand cuffed around his mouth was the last thing he remembered before the lights went out.