26. Decisions, again!

Note: This time it's a sincere request, I would like to know what you think of the chapter, from each and everyone of you. Please? Atleast one time?

~ The emotions that cripple you are not always love and hate. Sometimes it's just pain~

The sound of the front door being banged close reached her sensitive ear drums, and Nandini fell down on her knees, her eyes having a fresh bout of tears.

So, she lost him! He was going to choose her?

The realization burnt her like acids on the raw would, and she flinched, sobbing out loud. There was a limit that she could endure, and beyond that, the rebellious and brave Nandini Murthy broke down, completely, weeping her eyes out. She crawled over to her bed table and took out a photo frame from the drawer, the one she had sneaked out from Manik's room. It was his photograph, and she hugged it, with all her might, crying inconsistently, and trying to muffle her sobs at the same time, lest Pakhi would hear.

But inside her, she knew, no matter what she promised Manik of staying with him as a friend, she know everything was over for her

But inside her, she knew, no matter what she promised Manik of staying with him as a friend, she know everything was over for her. The constant ache of losing him again was numbing her but she knew she would need to carry this pain, forever!

A part of her mind chided her, it told her she deserved it, for some sins she had committed, for pushing Manik into the darkness. But another part of her mind, detested the thought. What had she done that grave, other than taking some immature and selfish decisions? Was it right for destiny to punish her that cruely, by snatching the love of her life from her?

Kho gya, gum ho gya, waqt se churaya tha jo,
Apna banaya tha!
Wo tera wo mera, saath nibhaya tha jo,
Apna banya tha!

She lay down on the floor, his picture close to her chest, knees drawn in, and her shoulders shook in silent but deep sobs. Would he or for that matter anyone ever know, why was it so important for her to have a group of people around her? Why she wanted to acheive something big, and which she knew would become easy with a foreign degree on her resume? Why she took those decisions, which superficially looked selfish, and maybe they were at some point?

It was all because she didn't want to be lonely ever again!

Like she had been all her life, if not for Pakhi ans Manik. Because her busy parents were too busy giving her a life style she didn't really need, but in process snatching away the love she vehemently craved for? She wanted to be someone people would know, would recognize, because she believed it would give her friends, and an extended family.

But fate had put her in the same hell hole, she wanted to run away from. Right now, she was exactly what she never wanted to be!

Lonely! Left out! Alone! A mess!

Chadariya jheeni re jheeni!
Aankhe bheengi re bheengi re bheengi!
Yaadien jheeni re jheeni re jheeni!