30. No more ache, only smiles!

Note: Happy tears for me!
I don't know whar to say. 13th January to 11th September, this story had been a wonderful journey, and i hope somewhere some of you could learn something from it.

This last time, do leave a review and a vote, telling me what you felt about this story, the goods and the bads, please?

~ After every sunset, comes the sunrise. After every ache, comes a splendid smile. It might take time, but it does~

The airports had never been his favorite place, given the fact that Manik was a travel freak by heart, and yet, something shifted inside him with every airport journey. So did today, as he and Nandini came to the Mumbai international airport to drop off Shiwali, yet again, but this time with content hearts for all three of them.

The last week had been absolutely thrilled, for this time Manik and Nandini, both bonded with Shiwali again, and he couldn't be happier. Shiwi was his best friend and loosing a friend is painful, but getting them back, minus the negativities is equally joyous. The three of them roamed around the cities, binge watched movies, and at times the girls teamed up to annoy the hell out of Manik too. Manik was no less, he pranked on them too, teaming up with one against the other. They succeeded in almost everything except making Shiwali confess the reason of her changed persona. She admitted there was something, or rather someone, but didn't lift the veil off the mystery man.

But it didn't make Manik inscure, for he knew in his heart that he was going to be the first one to know when she is ready.

Nandini was happier than Manik was, because no matter what, she had this guilt of ruining someone's happiness inside her, and watching this sprinting Shiwali, she had let go off that negative vibe, and embraced the serenity with open arms, clearly in a more positive space.

But right now, as she sat in the passenger seat beside Manik, she could not help but notice him holding the steering wheel too tight, blanching the knuckles at times, or that restless shake of his leg. His face was passive, but here and there the mask would slip and she saw him close his eyes and gulp hard. Something was definitely amiss, and she had an idea what too, just not sure.

Manik parked the car, and giving a tight lipped smile to Nandini, moved towards his room, leaving a disappointed Nandini behind. Once in the room, he quickly fixed a hot water bag, owing to his secret induction, and kept it on his lower back. Sitting on the bean bag, Manik rolled sides, but nothing relived the excruciating pain that followed, threatening to paralyse him. The hot water bag lay below him, trying to soothe his back, but failed, as he clenched his teeth, gasping audibly. He absolutely detested this sudden bouts of pain that he had, but owing to the fact that he was still recovering, he was helpless.

His fight with this 'High Functioning Depression' had been a tough battle, but having Nandini by his side had made him stronger. Clearing things with her and accepting his own feelings did a wonder to his metal peace, but the illness was something that had progressed over years, it was going to take time to leave him forever, though the medicines and counseling sessions did hasten the process.

Nandini always accompanied him to his sessions, but he hated that, because evertime the doctor asked him about his darkest inner demons or this pain, he had seen her wiping the corner of her beautiful eyelashes. He knew she blamed herself, and that was why he tried to hide these bouts from her, and it wasn't that difficult either, since the frequency had reduced to a greater extent.

But today was one of his bad days, he cringed at the thought while he groaned in pain again, almost writhing when to his surprise, the door clicked open. Nandini entered, with red eyes, and damp cheeks, but also holding a pain relief spary, his painkillers that had exhausted in his stock, and his headphones that she had taken last night.