preface

I only own Arya and my own ideas

- ➣ -

1897

"MOTHER, I'M HOME!" a young girl looking no older than 17, but that was far from the truth. When she had been born her mother, Diana Warner was already sick, but the girl grew fast. Too fast. The girl was only born 6 weeks ago and already looked like a young woman, yet her mother wasn't bothered. Sadly though when Diana gave birth to her baby girl her sickness worsened so the girl took care of her mother.

The girl's father; who she never knew was the one her mother always mumbled about in him sleep. She didn't know, much less care about who her father was. All she needed to know is that he left her mother with almost nothing, a pregnant woman to build a new life.

"Hello dear." Diana Warner smiled gently, her cheeks shallow, face pale. The daughter knew she couldn't help her mother much longer, and neither of them could afford a real doctor so they settled for the neighbor up the long dirt road who once worked as a nurse.

"Did Mrs. White come over today?" The young girl asked pulling over a chair to her mother's bed.

"Um...yes she came for a little bit, but said she had to leave after she realized the time." her mother answered smiling best she could before going into a coughing fit. The girl quickly ran into the small kitchen and brought back a glass of water that she handed over to the sick woman. "I'm so sorry Arya." the woman apologized to her daughter.

"There's nothing to worry about mother, I'm here to take care of you nothing else." the girl stated. It was a strange name for their home in Eastern Europe, but she never complained. She loved it in fact, it made her different from the other kids. The girl stood up walking toward the kitchen area. The mother sighed deeply and shook her head.

"At least get some sleep tonight, please." she begged her daughter. Arya nodded reluctantly and continued her journey.

Arya had made sure her mother was asleep before she followed her orders to sleep. She knew she wouldn't, but she had to try for her mother's sake. Arya slowly made her way toward her bedroom located right across the hall from her mother's. The house was small with only two bedrooms and a small kitchen, but it fit them well even with the small garden outside.

The girl peeked in once more at her dying mother seeing her sound asleep. She creeped into her own bed and blew out the small candle noting that when she went to the market to try to get more.

Arya stared out her window huddled under the thin blankets wondering what it would be like if her mother wasn't sick. She silently wished it would all go away. She wished that her mother could get the life she deserved after she had put in so much effort Arya wished she could do something for her mother. With those thoughts and wishes in mind she closed her tired eyes and drifted into a deep sleep.

Arya slowly opened her eyes to see a summer sun shining above her head. Only that didn't make sense, it was the middle of Autumn. She looked down to see herself still in her nightgown which only caused more confusion.

"Hello Arya." the girl jumped at the voice turning swiftly only to be met with a man made of white light.

"How..How do you know my name? Where am I?" the girl asked terrified. The being even though she couldn't see their face, they smiled gently at her.

"You are simply dreaming there is nothing to worry about. As for your name, I've watched you and your mother." the being said.

"What does that mean?" Arya questioned the being of light. Sensing her mix of shock and confusion, the being seemed to brighten for a moment then gesture to a bench for Arya to sit on.

"I've been watching you grow. You're powerful, you know this." This statement shocked Arya. A glowing being had just told her that it had watched her and then had confirmed her worst fear.

"Why are you telling me this?" Arya demanded.

"I want you to protect people with this power. In return I cure your mother and let her live the life shes always wanted." the being finished. Arya slowly took in the deal trying to look for any loopholes the being could take, other than the given unexplained second part. She was young, but she wasn't stupid.

"What will I have to do?" she asked.

"Protect people with all the power given to you, but you must promise to never use it in any way you know is wrong." the being clarified.

"Power?"

"You'll see."

Arya placed her head in her hands and thought through every possibility. Should she even trust this light being? Why would she even consider this? It's dumb and reckless, what if she made the wrong decision? These questions echoed through her head over and over again as she thought through it all. She looked up as she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder. She peered up to see the light being looking down at her, almost seeming to smile.

"I will give you two days to think this over, but on the night of the second day I will need your answer." the being stated. Arya nodded and mumbled a quiet "thank you"

Then it all faded into nothing.

On the first day Arya went back and forth on the subject. Would giving herself over really save her mother? At what cost? But by the second morning when she was brought to her mother's coughing Arya made her decision.

"Mother?" Arya walked into her mother's room, candle in hand to see her mother holding a hand over her mouth, still coughing.

"I'm fine fear." the mother smiled at her daughter. "I'll be fine." the mother waved off her daughter.

"Mother-"

"Arya. Go to bed little light of mine. I'll be here in the morning little light." the woman smiled at the young girl patting her hand tearing up a little as her daughter nodded and walked out of the room. "I'll be here in the morning little light." the words echoed through the house. Arya didn't believe them. Her mother was dying and she could do something about it. Here and now.

She ran to her room, blew out the candle and closed her eyes ordering her mind to take her to the glowing being. And so it did.

Arya was back in the peaceful place with the being standing a small distance from her.

"Have you made your decision?"

"Do you promise to save my mother?" the girl teared up.

"Yes, but you must swear that you'll do as you have promised."

"Save her."

The glowing being nodded and Arya woke.

She quickly jumped out of bed and ran to her mother's room to see the woman standing and looking at her hands.

"Mama!" Arya threw herself at her mother, crying into her white nightgown. The mother smiled at her child and hugged her tightly.

"I'm here little light. I'm here." With that the mother and child both failed to notice where the bright silver eyes the girl held and with them unimaginable power.

My name is Arya Warner and this is my story.

- ➣ -

Okay this is just a new story I'm trying out. I have plans for this but I want to know if you guys want to know more about Arya. Tell me what you think! Anyways! I hope you all have a wonderful day!
- Angel