fourteen

[ P A S T ]

➣ [ P A S T ] ➣

- -

NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!" Arya rubbed her sore eyes. It had almost been a month since Jack had left and it was driving Arya to new limits of frustration and anger.

"We just have to keep looking." Castiel told her from his spot at the chipping table. "There has to be some trace of him."

Both Arya and Castiel had been working together to try and find the runaway, but no luck had come from it. They had been to another five locations. This was their sixth and Arya's brain was fried. To add to her growing problems, without Jack her headaches had gotten worse and she still couldn't get into the Dreams.

Arya looked over at the angel. "Any other ideas that don't include me sitting and reading?" Castiel's eyes shifted to her. They held that stare for a long time until Castiel sighed and closed the book he was reading.

"Our only other option would be other angels." He finally suggested. He was surprised when Arya didn't oppose his statement.

"Could you get them to help?" She asked.

"There are so few that it might take a while. But yes. I could try." Arya let out a dry laugh. "What is it?" Castiel furrowed his brows.

"Working with the assholes that tried to kill me over my entire lifetime. Just wonderful." Castiel laughed as well.

"There will be much more of that."

It was silent once again as Castiel went back to his book. The angel looked over at her once, noting how she was tapping her foot and how she wasn't paying attention to anything in particular.

"Arya go take a walk." Castiel spoke.

"What?" Arya blinked.

"You're fidgeting and you're bored. Go for a walk and come back after you've regained whatever you need." Castiel said. Arya smiled and stood. She grabbed her jacket from the rack.

"Thanks Cas!" She called over her shoulder.

"Take your phone!" He shouted as she closed the door. He shook his head, a whisper of a smile dawning on his face. "And don't come back too late."

Arya walked down the somewhat crowded sidewalks. It was around six so not many people were walking around which made it perfect for her. In front of her her shadow was stretched like an old tree. Moving with grace and comfort.