twelve

[ T H E N E P H I L I M S ]

➣ [ T H E  N E P H I L I M S ] ➣

- ➣ -

"JACK, HAVE YOU seen my hair brush?" Arya shouted from her room.

"Is it on your desk?" Jack answered from the library. Arya looked over to her desk and there she found it.

"Thanks!"

"You're welcome!" She heard the echo of Jack's laugh.

Arya laughed herself as she walked to her personal bathroom. She hummed a tune as she finished her routine. A small light flickered on her chest. Her ring laid on a chain around her neck. Jack had insisted that she keep it with her even if she was ready to move on.

Once she was done, still humming, she made her way to the library where she would try to help Jack "understand the world" as he called it.

She saw Sam first, her humming stopped. "Sam? Didn't expect you -" Everyone in the room turned to see the shocked girl. "Cas?"

"It's me." Castiel smiled, opening his arms as Arya practically jumped on him. She gripped his trench coat like he might disappear again. She recognized the faint smell of the woods that lingered on the coat. Her arms tightened for a split second more before she forced herself to pull away.

There was nothing in the world that she could've wanted more in that small pocket of time. Castiel was back. The angel that has guided and become a father to her was alive. Arya couldn't be any happier.

"How?" Arya breathed, breaking from her thoughts.

"That's the question we've been asking." Dean said. The brothers turned to Jack. Arya's eyes widened.

"Jack, did you bring Cas back?" Sam asked.

"I don't know. I wanted him back. I begged for him to come back." Jack's brows furrowed as they usually did. A small frown dawning his face.

"Well, here he is." Dean spoke.

"Because of me?" Jack sounded hurt.

"We don't know, Jack." Sam shrugged.

"Thank you Jack." Castiel said, hugging the boy once more. Jack mumbled something that Arya couldn't make out. "Sam and Dean tell me you're doing well."

"I am. Watch this." Jack held his hand above a pencil, focusing on it, it began to hover.

"Wow." Castiel beamed.

"I can move the pencil." Jack stated proudly. He glanced at Arya who's smile had grown seeing Jack so excited.

"And I found a case. A Hunter's case." Jack waved Castiel over to the computer. Arya followed, taking a seat next to Jack with Castiel standing behind her chair. The screen shifted, showing an article. Arya gave Jack a smile that he returned.