eighteen

[ THE DOPPELGANGER'S STORY ]

➣ [ THE DOPPELGANGER'S STORY ] ➣

- ➣ -

IN THE SMALL amount of time Arya had been in Apocalypse World she had, had enough surprises to last a lifetime, but at this point, it was expected with the way she lived. Within ninety-six hours she had learned she had a dead doppelgänger, her old flame was alive, her doppelgänger had a daughter, and had almost died again. Now, she was leaning against a fallen tree trying to make sense of it all.

"Just another Tuesday," Arya mumbled under her breath as she fiddled with the necklace that held her Noah's promise ring.

"So you're the girl of the hour," a voice spoke up from behind her.

Arya looked over her shoulder to see a tall blonde woman watching her with a hand resting on her hip, the other jut out. She was starting to get used to people giving her strange looks, but none had built up the nerve to approach her except this woman.

"That's what everyone keeps telling me," Arya shrugged.

The woman's stoic expression didn't change but she took a seat next to the brunette. They sat there for a few minutes in uncomfortable silence, both staring ahead at the camp in front of them.

"Marran Shelbey," the woman spoke, offering Arya her hand.

"Arya Warner, but I'm sure you already knew that," Arya shook Marran's hand and gave her a small smile that the woman didn't return.

"Warner?"

"Ah yes that," Arya shook her head. "In my world, I never got married."

Marran nodded and looked back to the people walking around in their version of a normal day. Arya was somewhat surprised by her attitude towards her and continued to watch her, enough for the woman to notice.

"What is it?" the blonde asked, raising a brow.

"You seem like you didn't like Arya Baker much," Arya replied.

Marran shook her head lightly, saying, "I loved her," she did a once-over of Arya. "She's dead and then you show up, looking exactly like my best friend."

"Ah," was the only response she could think of.

They continued to sit in silence, waiting for the other to speak.

"Just because you look like her doesn't mean I trust you," Marran spoke up.

Arya nodded in understanding. "I don't blame you."

The young brunette didn't notice when Marran looked over at her, watching her expression change as Diana came into her vision. Marran looked over to the young girl as a smile broke out on her face seeing the women and started to run over, leaving the children she was playing with, in the dust.