seven

[ P R A C T I C E ]

➣ [ P R A C T I C E ] ➣

-➣ -

ARYA SAT NEXT to Jack, reading again as he listened to The Rolling Stone's: Rip This Joint.

"You know playing it that loud can hurt your ears right?" Arya said, placing her book on her crossed legs.

"What?" Jack asked, taking off his headphones.

"My point exactly." Arya mumbled. Jack looked at her curiously, about to ask her what she meant, but a knock sounded before he could say anything.

"Who is it?" Jack asked. Sam poked his head in to see the two.

"Uh, it's me. Sam. Hey. Just checking in. You haven't come out since we set you up." Sam said. They'd been here for about a week and they'd given Jack a few books from Arya's room, and a laptop that he went through almost everyday.

"I brought you something." Sam said, holding a drive

"Please have a seat." Jack invited.

"Before you were born, your mom left you a message." Sam glanced over at Arya with pity in his eyes then back to Jack "And I know you have a bunch of questions. Hopefully, this is a start." He handed Jack the device, showed him how to start it.

"Thank you." Jack said. Sam nodded and walked out.

"I'll go." Arya said, moving off the bed. Jack smiled and nodded. She returned it, walking out with Sam. She stood in the doorway long enough to see Jack smile down at the screen. In that moment she wished more than anything to see her mother one more time.

Arya sat silently, staring down at the only photo of her mother she had. It was about 3 years before Diana had given birth to her daughter. The photo had been torn in half, a person missing from the photo. Arya could only guess it was her father. She had no idea who her father was. She would be lying to herself if she didn't care. She did. Whoever he was as she knew was that he had tanned skin, brown hair and beautiful brown eyes. That's all her mother said about him.

"Hey." Arya quickly hid the photo under her pillow and wiped away stray tears.

"Hey. Whats up?" She said, turning to see Dean in the doorway looking at her curiously.

"I was just coming to say that I'm heading out for a hunt."

"Oh. What is it this time?" Arya asked. Dean could tell she was changing the subject, he'd done the same.

"A friend called. Missouri, shes a psychic."

"I've never met a psychic before." Arya said, smiling slightly.

"You would like her. Maybe you can meet her one day." Dean chuckled. Then he turned serious, looking down the hallway and closed the door. "I need you to do something."