thirteen

[ D O N ' T  G O ]

➣ [ D O N ' T  G O ] ➣

- ➣ -

"WHEN WE GO in I'll take care of the questions, look for things that could help." Sam instructed as the group walked up the steps of the mortuary. Arya heard the echo of the bell ring. No one answered. Sam rung it again. No response. The man sighed and knocked on the door, showing his badge to the w. "FBI open up!"

"Sam -"

"I've got this." Sam interrupted the girl.

"Sam." Arya twisted the knob. The door opened. She sent a smirk at Sam and walked into the building. Jack passed Sam, sending him a smile and shrug. Sam rolled his eyes and followed the two.

They looked around the upstairs for anyone until Jack's voice rung from the back of the house.

"Arya! Sam!" Arya walked over to the sound of him voice. Jack pointed down some concrete stairs. "I found this."

"Good job Jack." Arya complemented. She walked down the stairs with the boys behind her. Before her stood a woman dancing to music that each of them could hear.

"Excuse me?" Sam asked to woman. She showed no sign of hearing him. He sighed and tapped the woman on the shoulder.

"What the hell?" She yelled, startled.

"Sorry..We didn't mean to scare you. There was no one upstairs."

"Yeah, it's just me." The woman set down her headphones, turning the music off.

"And you are?" Arya inquired.

"Athena Lopez, undertaker. And you are?" Athena sized up the three of them. Doing a double take of the younger girl who gave her a lazy smile. Both Sam and Arya pulled out their badges. Arya looked over at Jack to see him wondering around.

"Agent Elliot. Agent Kent. That's Agent Paxton. FBI." Sam spoke, pointing to each in turn.

"He's an FBI agent?" Athena scoffed. "Did his parents sign a permission slip?"

"He's a trainee." Arya snapped, sending the woman another sarcastic smile. Athena raised a brow and crossed her arms.

"Top of his class." Sam intervened. "Anyway, we're here about the grave robbery. You live on the premises right?"

"All my life."

"But according to the police report, you didn't see anyone that night." Arya stated.

"I was out." Athena shrugged "Amanda Palmer concert."

"Amanda Palmer - " Arya was cut off by Jack.

"What about anything weird? Cold spots? Strange smells?" Jack spoke as he came back around the corner. Sam cleared his throat.

"I just said I wasn't here." Athena sassed.