ten

[ P I Z Z A ]

➣ [ P I Z Z A ] ➣

- ➣ -

IT HAD BEEN a few tense minutes in the office until Sam returned. Soon enough his phone buzzed in his pocket.

"What?" Mia asked. Sam looked over the message, frowning.

"Dean says Tom is in the clear." Sam said, putting away his phone.

"How do you know?" Mia asked.

"He handed his a silver dollar. Didn't burn." Sam explained, shrugging. "Turns out your assistant's just a nice guy with five cats." He then made his way over to her computer, opening something. Arya stood behind him, watching.

"What are you doing?" Mia asked, standing next to Arya.

"I'm scrubbing your security cam footage." Sam answered.

"If anyone's eyes flare then they're the shifter." Arya finished.

"Exactly."

"So tell me, how exactly does this work with your patients? You show up as their dead relatives, and they think what?" Sam asked, still watching the screen intently.

"Honestly? They don't really care." Mia answered. This got Arya's attention. "They chalk it up to hypnotism, a lucid dream. They explain it away because at the end of the day, they get to say goodbye."

"And it works?" Arya asked. Mia nodded.

"People? We're hardwired to want closure. You never got a chance to say goodbye either, did you?" Mia asked both of them. Arya knew she wasn't just referring to Mary.

"Check this out." Sam said, avoiding Mia's question. He rolled back the feed, pointing to a man who's eyes glowed. "There. Who's that?"

"That's John Driscoll. I only started seeing him a few weeks ago." Mia explained. Arya and Sam shared a look and nodded to each other. "What?"

"Sam and I are going to check this guy out. You stay here." Arya said, following Sam out the door.

Arya sat in the front seat next to Sam, looking over his shoulder toward the dark house.

"You ready?" Sam asked, bringing out his gun.

"Let's do this." Arya said. She got out of the car, behind Sam as the approached the house. Carefully they made their way up the stairs. Sam made a move for her to break open the door by his count. Arya readied her powers, eyes and hands glowing silver. On his signal blinding light struck the door, sending it flying into the house.

Sam gave her a look that she shrugged off, walking in. Her nose was immediately met with the smell of rotting flesh. She saw Sam react similarly, covering his nose, gagging.