Ch. 2 Friend and Enemies

-Your pov

It's the beginning of my second year in college. I enjoyed my classes last year, but when it came to classmates, not so much. They would hide my wheelchair forcing me to drag my body around. They would mock me. My roommate wasn't any better. This year, I live alone in an apartment. Many things are different this year. Except for one thing, I am alone. I have no friends in college. I lost contact with my friends from high school. I have never felt so lonely before. The first week of college was over and it was finally the weekend. I decided to explore the city to see if anything changed. There were a few new stores on main street, but that was pretty much it. I decided to go back to my apartment. I took a different path to main campus. I was a few blocks away when I saw a house almost completely burned to the ground. I decided to wander around the remains. There were a few coins here and there, but everything else was in ashes. I left the house and was in the front yard but then stopped. There was something in the grass. I went over to investigate. It was a shattered porcelain doll. It must have been thrown out the window. I didn't want to leave her there. I decided to pick up her pieces and put them in a bag. I bought some higher quality paint, glue, and brushes before going back to my room.

"Let's see if I can fix you." I said as I went over to my desk. I studied her and started to work on her. It took hours but it was worth it. She seemed to smile at me as if she was thanking me. I carefully picked her up and set her down on my dresser. For some reason, I didn't feel alone anymore.

___

Another two weeks went by. There's a guy that won't leave me alone. He always makes random advances on me. His name is Tyler. He is one of the popular guys on campus. He tried to play nice, but I know what he wants. He can try, but it's not going to happen. When I told him that, I could sense his fury. I try to stay away from him. I just hope that I don't run into him tonight. There is a mandatory back to school party. I'll probably just show up to grab a soda and then leave. I grabbed a F/C blouse, tan tights, and a black skirt. I started to undress but then stop before laughing slightly and looking at the doll I named Stella.

"I feel like you're watching me. Could you look away for a moment?" I asked politely before I finished getting dressed. I did my hair a little and put a little makeup on. I put on black flats before going over to look at Stella. I moved her hair away from her face to the side before smiling.

"I feel like you're my only friend here Stella. I wish I had more, but I'm glasd I found you." I said before leaving my apartment towards where the party was. There was a thought that wouldn't leave my mind. Sometimes I feel like someone is watching me through her. I smiled as I thought of an explanation. Smurfs, spirits, me being paranoid, but most likely my imagination. I eventually made it to the gym. It was dark with balloons and crazy lights. I could barely see and moved around carefully to make sure that I don't run over anyone's feet. A lot of people danced in disgusting ways. I was rather uncomfortable and tried to focus on finding a soda and leaving. I spent about an hour looking around with no luck. I decide to leave but accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh sorry." I said before I recognized the figure. Tyler. He smiled when he noticed me.

"I was hoping that I would bump into you tonight. You want a drink?" He asked.

"I've actually been trying to find some food." I lied. The look on his face was having difficulty hiding his irritation.

"You can't enjoy yourself at a party without a drink." He joked with slight desperation.

"I'm actually going back to my room. So ya. Have fun." I said before hastily moving. I could sense his irritated and angry gaze as I left the dark gym and onto the dark sidewalk. The only concern was if someone follows me. Especially Tyler. I crossed a parking lot and was approaching a street with an alley nearby.