Ch. 13 The Beginning

-Jason pov

Y/n has spent years struggling with her health. She has spent the last few months in bed shivering from cold, yet sweating from heat. My y/n may be old and worn, but she is still beautiful.  I could lay in bed by her side for centuries. Liquorish turned on a lamp waking me up. Y/n slowly opened her eyes to meet mine. She smiled for a moment as I held her delicate hand. I got out of bed to get her medications along with a little bit of food. Hopefully she'll eat. I came back into the bedroom to see that Y/n didn't make a single move on the bed. I walked to her side and gently held her hand. It was like ice. I looked into her eyes as I fought back the tears stinging my eyes.

"Please, stay one more day." I begged as I ran my hand through her course grey hair as her eyes grew more and more pale. A weak smile appeared on her frail face as she took another shallow breath.

"You said that yesterday. And the day before that.                         And     the day before that." She whispered as her grip on my hand faded. She had no strength left. There is nothing in the world that could fix my dear y/n now.

"I love you. Don't ever forget that." She added. I kissed her delicate lips one more time before her eyes grew blank and she took her last faint breath.

" J-j-as-son " She whispered before she grew still and her heart fell silent. For a moment, I couldn't believe that she was gone. It didn't feel real. But      it was. Why did she have to be a mortal human? She was everything to me. Death envied me for the light I had. So he took her away for himself. He extinguished my source of light out of jealousy. I couldn't hold it back any longer. I was devastated, but also in a rage. I could feel myself change as I screamed and cried. I rested my head on the bed by her side with my eyes sealed shut from my stinging tears. Suddenly, everything grew quiet. I wasn't crying. I couldn't feel a single tear on my face. I opened my eyes to find myself in bed. I then turned my head to see y/n in a deep sleep. She wasn't old. She didn't pass. It was just a nightmare. The same horrid dream I've had night after night.

-Your pov

I woke up to the sound of Jason crying. His face was buried into my neck and his arms were wrapped around me as he quietly cried.

"Jason?" I said as I turned to face him. He slowly stopped crying and looked into my eyes. He tried to paint a smile on his tear-stained face before kissing my lips. But his smile faded rapidly as he buried his face into my neck again and started to cry once more. I didn't know what to do. 

"J-jason, are you ok? You have been crying almost every morning.      Is something wrong?" I asked as I carefully brought his face back up to meet mine. It hurt to see him so sad. To see silver tears fall from his eyes of gold. He tried to speak, but instead, he held me tighter and pulled me closer to him as he continued to cry. I was used to this routine. I would wake up to the sounds of Jason in distress and in need of comfort. He tries to tell me, but brakes down before he can even say a word. All I can and have done for the past few months is comfort him each morning. And I will continue to do so. Jason started to calm down as I kept my arms around him. His cries faded away to shaky breaths. 

"Every night it's the same.   Every  night." He whispered as he tried to maintain control of his tears. 

"Yet it feels so real every time. It looks real. It's the same every time and yet I fall for it every night." He finished as he rested the side of his head against my chest. 

"What is it? Please tell me." I whispered as I held him close. I could feel his heartbeat starting to slow down. 

"I dream every night about you.  More of a nightmare. You're old and ill. And at the end, you die. I'm not ready to say goodbye to you y/n. I don't want to be alone." He explained. I could feel my heart in pain. Jason was my only friend and I was his. He has spent years in pure loneliness. He is afraid that when I die, loneliness will consume him again and he'll never be free from it. I don't want to leave Jason behind in the darkness. I was quiet for a bit while I tried to think of a solution.