Ch. 11 Thunder

-Your pov

My tears blurred my vision. I wanted to go home, but I couldn't risk Jason hurting the ones I loved. I wasn't sure if I could leave him. I reached the stables to get Dash. I don't have a truck or trailer, so I'll have to ride him. I was confused when I heard a frustrated voice. No one would get a horse at this time of night. My heart started to panic when I saw Ewing trying to get Dash in a trailer. I had to stop him. I didn't care how tired my hands were from pushing up the hill.

"No!" I screamed as I pushed the wheels as fast as I could trying desperately to reach Mr. Ewing to stop him from taking away Dash.  He was the only thing I had left in my life in the equestrian world. Seeing Dash refusing to get in the trailer was almost devastating. One of the wheels ran over a rock sending me flying forward. It didn't stop me. I dragged myself towards the bastard. I ignored the pain from the gravel tearing into my legs and hands. Mr. Ewing managed to get Dash into the trailer before looking at me with a sinister look. He started walking towards me, but I didn't stop. That is, until I saw what was in his pocket. I started to drag myself back until he grabbed my ankle.

"You are my favorite and always my best. No one that still works for me ever made it past county. None of my horses can do it. My reputation has faded greatly because your lose of your legs. Dash is my only hope. I offered you money over and over. You refused every time. So you leave me no choice." He said before I punched his arm making him let me go. I started making my way towards my wheelchair. I could hear Ewing laugh a little followed by his footsteps. He walked around me and stopped when he was standing on my hands. I started screaming from the pain. Ewing bent down and grabbed my face making me look into his eyes.  I knew he could see my anger.

"You have seen too much dear Y/N. I can't let you get see this.    I could kill you,     but      I like you.      So     I suppose I'll have to drag you with me. But, at least you'll be with Dash." He said as his face got closer to mine. My heart skipped a beat before I bit his hand making him get off my hands. I didn't know what to do. Dash needed me, but if I don't get away      I didn't want to think about it. Ewing kicked my shoulder in anger making me roll onto my back. The air left my lungs for a moment. By the time I could breath, it was too late. Ewing wrapped his arm around my neck. He was trying to keep his grip while dragging me towards his truck. I could hear Dash calling out. He knew I was I trouble. His grasp was suffocating me. I scratched his face with my nails making him move his face away yelling in pain while holding his face. I gasped for air before his screams changed from pain turned into rage. He grabbed my neck keeping me from breathing. My vision was starting to slowly fade.

"You are just like Marcy. She was skilled. Not as skilled as you. I offered her a night with me. A one night stand. She refused.         So I fired her. But you Y/N, a no from you is something I won't accept." He said before releasing me. One of his hands harshly pinned my wrists down above my head. He started working of my belt before his face changed from sinister pleasure to sudden shock.  Blood flowed out of his mouth and his stomach as a jagged blade protruded out of his stomach. A black decaying hand pushed him aside revealing Jason. I looked at him as his eyes changed back to gold.

"Y-Y/N, a-are you hurt?" He asked as a couple tears fell down his face. He rushed towards me and got down on his knees. I couldn't speak for a second.

"Why does everyone want                        why does everyone-" I couldn't say anymore before I started crying. I heard Dash break his halter and get out of the trailer. I heard him trot over to my side. The only two things that mattered to me were with me. I then heard a sound louder than thunder hit my ears followed by Jason's cries of pain. I screamed when I saw black liquid coming out of Jason's chest. I looked and saw Ewing barely alive with a gun in his hand. He shot Jason.

"You c-can-not have her." Ewing said before his breathing faded and his eyes grew blank. My mind was in panic. I grabbed my phone and was about to call for help.

"No!" Jason yelled as he hit the phone out of my hands.

"Jason you need help!" I shouted back as I tried to hold back my cries. I reached for my phone but Jason then grabbed my wrists.

"I am not human Y/N! You know that well enough! Do you know what they do to things like me? If you call for help, they will take me away and we will never see eachother again. Ever." He shouted in pure terror. I shook my head.

"You can't die Jason! There has to be something I can do! There has to a way to save you!" I shouted between breaths as my attempts at holding back my crying failed. I didn't want to lose him.