Ch. 8 Fate

-Your pov

Almost three weeks have gone by and I haven't seen Jason at all. He hasn't been showing up to classes. Pat's disappearance has affected Jason greatly. I'm starting to get worried about him. I've texted him but all he says is that he is busy on a project. He says that he is sorry for not seeing me the past few days and I believe him, but I need to know if he is alright or not. Jason doesn't want me to see him at his dorm, but he isn't leaving me any other choice. The RA at his dormitory will hopefully be there since it is Saturday. It was really quiet when I came through the doors. Basically a ghost town. I managed to find the RA and he lead me to Jason's room and unlocked it for me. I went into his room, but Jason wasn't there. It was strange because this is the only place in my mind that he would be at. There was something behind one of the many curtains on the walls. I thought it was Jason hiding, but then I saw a blue corner. I moved the curtain to the side revealing a blue door. I felt like I should leave and come back some other time, but curiosity was in control now and I opened it. All I could see was a hall. I went further in while my mind was screaming at me to leave. The hall eventually ended and the next thing I knew, I was in a workshop full of amazing toys.

"Jason what have you been up to?" I say to myself in shock and astonishment while looking around the room. I heard a squeak and looked over to see a black toy mouse by a circular window. I went over to it. It moved around freely as if it was alive. I gently ran my finger along its smooth back and laughed a little.

"Nah. That's impossible. You can't be alive." I chuckled. It looked at me in the eyes. Not like a toy, like a living thing. My face faded away into a confused expression.

"Can you?" I said quietly. The black toy mouse scurried away leaving me by the window. I glanced at it for a second but then I had to look again. I looked at every detail. It was a window looking into my room. Through Stella.

"Jason what are hiding?" I said to myself now in fear. I stopped when one of my wheels bumped into a table leg. A doll fell from the table and landed on my lap. I gently picked it up and studied it. It was made of wax and was well detailed. Almost life-like. It had a flower over its mouth like the others. There was a name tag on them. I looked at the tag on the doll in my hand. Her name was Daisy. There was one thing that made Daisy different than the others on the table. She looked like she was once ruined and then fixed. I gently set her down on the table with the dozens of dolls and looked at the names. Nora, Hank, Sam, Wendy, Mathew, Jill, Miranda, Maggie, Kelly, Pat.

"Pat?" I whispered. I only saw her once, but I still remember what she looked like. The doll in front of me was the exact image of her. I tried to think of an explanation before my eyes saw another name and I froze.

"Tyler." I whispered as I gently picked him up. He was wearing a tux and his hair was organized. He had the stem of a rose over his mouth.

"Why is he making dolls that look like missing people?" I said under my breath as I touched the rose. I must have added too much pressure because the rose fell off onto the floor.

"Crap." I whispered before I bent down to grab it while Tyler was on my lap close to my ear. I heard a voice calling out in pain making me stay still. It was familiar.

"T-Tyler?" I said as I sat back up. The voice faded as I did so. I looked back down at the doll. I brought it closer to put the rose back on. The voice got louder. My hands started shaking as I brought his chest to my ear. I could hear pounding. The sound of drums at the rhythm of a beating heart. I immediately put him on the table and frantically backed away.

"Oh my god." I said over and over as I looked for the way out. All of the halls looked the same so I decided to pick one and hope that it leads back to the blue door. I pushed my way towards one of the halls but then I immediately stopped when I saw a figure come out of the hall in front of me. Jason.

-Jason pov

I didn't want to believe Liquorish. I didn't want to believe that Y/N got into my workshop. But she did. The look on her face said everything. She now knows what I am. She now knows what I do. The first thing I saw in her eyes was fear. I felt my insanity grow inside of me.

"You saw and awful lot Y/N. Almost too much. I can't let you leave." I said as I felt my voice and form change completely. Y/N started backing up as I slowly walked towards her like a stalking predator. She looked over at the dolls on the table. I knew she was thinking about me turning her into one. She would be beautiful. My best and most precious doll. I would keep her close to me and under my protection. I smiled.

"I'll make it quick and painless Y/N. I promise." I said as she continued to keep her distance. Before I knew it, she grabbed an empty shelf and pulled it down, blocking my path. She turned around and fled. I smiled a little from the fun of a chase, but I gritted my teeth in anger from Y/N refusing to cooperate.

-Your pov

I needed to get out, but this place was a maze. My arms were growing tired and I could hear Jason calmly walking in the distance. I reached the blue door, but my hopes of getting out faded. The door was now on top of a flight of stairs.

"I didn't want to do this Y/N. I really like you. But you saw too much. You don't want to cooperate, but that's ok. I promised that I will make it quick and painless." Jason's voice said calmly in the distance. He was getting closer. My mind was everywhere. My chair can't get up the steps. He'll find me if I try and drag my body up the steps. I looked around frantically before my eyes became set on a wardrobe. It's my only chance.

"Y/N, I promise." Jason said as his footsteps grew closer. I pulled myself out of the chair and crawled towards it, I opened the doors carefully just enough for me to get in. I closed the doors and looked through the narrow space. I saw him approach my wheelchair. His hands turned into fists from anger. Yet, he was laughing a little.

"You are very smart Y/N. You had me for a moment, but there's no way that you made it up those steps in such a short time. Even if you did, you wouldn't have gone far. I've played hide and seek many times. I know what to look for." He said as he looked towards the wardrobe. The two of us looked down at the floor to see the rug folded back from one of the doors. I felt so foolish when I saw the one mistake that was going to seal my fate. His shadow blocked the light coming through the space between the doors. I looked up to see a sinister smile on his face before he quickly opened the doors. I tried to scream in fear but Jason lunged forward and covered my mouth.

"You will be so beautiful Y/N." He whispered in my ear as tears started forming in my eyes.