Ch. 9 Promise

-Jason pov

She didn't scream as I strapped her down. She didn't fight back. Her E/C eyes watched my every move. She watched my hand draw what I wanted her dress to look like. I wanted her to have several outfits. A horse jumping uniform, a cowgirl dress and boots, a fancy ball gown. There were so many beautiful outfits in my mind making me smile. I looked over to see her face watching me draw. I finished the last drawing before getting up. I walked over and looked at Y/N's face. I didn't see any feeling of fear. What feeling I saw in her eyes was almost heartbreaking. She felt betrayed. She had every right to feel that way. I did betray her. She lowered her head and looked away from me. Several tears fell from her face. I looked over at the melting wax and the drugs that will protect her from the pain. She took a deep shaky breath before I looked back at her and tilted her chin up so that her eyes met mine. Her eyes were like glass. I moved her H/C hair to the side before gently kissing her lips. Her eyes closed before I did the same. I was going to miss her soft kiss. I was going to miss her laugh. I was going to miss her brilliant ideas. I heard the wax start to boil and I gently moved my lips away from her, ending my last kiss with her. I walked over and grabbed the syringes. She looked at me as I carefully set the needle on her soft skin. I looked at her and sighed.

"You won't feel any pain ever again. You will look beautiful. I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise." I said. She blinked and once more and a tear rolled down her face.

"J-Jason." She whispered before I turned my focus back to the needle. It was in that moment when there was a knock on my dorm room door. It then occurred to me that it was the day that they were doing room checks. I sighed in slight irritation as I set the syringes down and walked away towards my dorm room.

-Your pov

This is my last chance to get out. If I fail, then it's the end. I waited a couple seconds after he disappeared from my view. I studied the straps on my wrists. They appeared to be old and worn. I should be able to break them pretty easy. The ones on my legs can be undone. I quickly started on the straps on my wrists. I was free of the restraints before Jason opened the blue door to get into his dorm. I dragged myself towards my wheelchair in the corner and managed to get in.

"I can't go the same way Jason went. There has to be another way out." I whispered. I went down another hall hoping that it'll lead to another door. There were shelves full of marvelous toys. I wanted to look at them but time isn't on my side. I went further and further down the hall until I reached an intersection with another hall. I looked left and saw the door that Jason walked through into his dorm. I realized that the blue door was the only way out. The doorknob started to turn. Jason is coming back. I carefully backed into the shadow of the wall and covered my mouth to silence my shaking breaths.

"That bastard. I don't NEED a refrigerator. I don't NEED more lights. He is about as arrogant as Tyler." Jason's voice said before he started to pass me. He turned into his monstrous form as he spoke, but then quickly faded back to normal. It took all the strength I had to not cry. I came out of the shadows when he walked further down the hall. I went straight for the door and looked back to see him entering the main room. He will soon see my absence. I quietly opened the door and entered his dorm room before carefully closing the door behind me.

"Y/N!!!!" His voice echoed in pure anger. I immediately left his room. I didn't stop moving until I was out of the dormitory and outside in the courtyard of the main building. I couldn't hold it back any longer and I burst into tears. Jason and I were a team. We were close friends, but now I felt like we have turned into what I feared most. Enemies.