Ch. 12 Don't Let Go

-Jason pov

"Y/N." I said before she interrupted.

"Don't talk Jason. S-save your energy." She said between sobs as she was adding pressure over the wound. I took a deep breath.

"Y/N, it was an act." I stated. Y/N paused and looked at me.

"W-what?" She stuttered between her now shaking breaths.

"I'm not in pain.    I'm not going to bleed out." I finished. She had a shocked look on her face for a moment. The next thing I knew, she hit my arm. I was shocked and absolutely confused. The act was to fool Ewing. I personally thought my acting was hilarious, but her face said otherwise.

"Don't!  Do! That! To! Me! Jason!       I! Thought! You! Were! Going! To! Die!" She shouted as he started hitting me with each word. She then stopped and looked into my eyes. Her eyes were overflowing with tears again. Her lips were trembling. Before I could say anything, Y/N wrapped her arms around me and started crying against my chest.

"I don't want you to die Jason.   I can't lose you. I can't." She finished as she continued to cry. I felt awful for hurting her. I wrapped my arms around her and swayed side to side. I let go of her once she calmed down. I picked her up and set her down in her wheelchair. I lead her and Dash to my domain through the stables. She was confused when she saw me holding my chest for a second. She followed me to my bedroom before I set her on my bed.

-Your pov

"The bullet needs to come out before it scratches it." He stated as he unbuttoned his vest. I was confused about what he was doing.

"Scratched what?" I asked as he started on his shirt.

"I guess you can say that it's my heart." Jason answered before revealing his chest and his form changed. I grew a little nervous since he normally turns when he is mad or irritated. He then took his claws and started digging into his chest. I couldn't bare to watch as he continued ripping his flesh. Every sound made me shiver.

"Are you ok?" Jason asked as he stopped tearing at his flesh. I kept my eyes closed for a moment.

"I can handle gore images, but not the sounds. I find it hard to watch you tear apart your body." I whispered as I reluctantly looked at him. He had a large hole in his chest and was holding his ribcage with one hand and the bullet with the other. It was about as graphic as Saw. Jason looked away from me and focused on something glowing inside his ribcage. He carefully reached in and pulled the object out. It was a blue music box. I admired it for a while as he checked it for any scratches or broken pieces. He looked relieved when we saw no damage was done to the music box. I was confused when he held it out to me. I hesitantly took it from his hands and and looked at it carefully resting in my hands. He watched calmly as I opened it. There are no words to describe the beauty I saw in that little blue box.

"You told me once that when people find a true friend they don't let them go. They will stay by your side as long as you stay by theirs.             I didn't know that the words were said to me by my true friend. You were always by my side. I shattered our friendship when I tried to turn you into a doll." Jason whispered before I looked into his pale green eyes.

"Why did you not want me to see your world? Why did you hide from me?" I asked as I continued to hold the blue box in my hands Jason was quiet for a while as he struggled for words.

"Because I was scared of what you would do. I was scared that you would hate me like all the children I met in the past. I don't want you to hate me. I don't want to lose you." He said quietly as tears fell down his face. I put the box in one hand and wiped away his tears with my other. I couldn't bear seeing him so sad like last time.

"You won't Jason. I promise." I replied as I carefully put the music box back in his chest. His eyes turned gold and his body healed. Before I could button his shirt back up, the music box started to play. The tune was unique, but also enchanting. It was beautiful.

-Jason pov

She started to sway back and forth a little as her eyes struggled to stay open. I smiled as her eyes started to close. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to my chest before laying down on the bed.

"Don't let go." She whispered as her E/C eyes closed completely.

"I won't Y/N. I promise." I replied while bringing her closer. The music continued as she fell deeper into her slumber. After a while, the music started to make me tired. I slowly started drifting away. The music slowly came to an end as my eyes shut and I fell asleep with my true friend and love y/n in my arms.