seventeen

It's been three days since that lunch with Rakim happened and when I woke up I received a text from Kendall saying that she'll be picking me up at 9 am cause she have this conference she'll be going to and ofcourse being the dumbass that I am I told her that I'm coming.

I don't know why this shit happen. Whenever I got hurt, if that person talks to me I'm gonna talk to them as well and forget about their mistakes.

I wore this simple nirvana shirt and a denim jacket over it, ripped jeans and a pair of white sneakers. I grab my phone, apartment keys and my sunglasses and headed outside. I don't want Kendall to wait for too long so I'll wait for her instead.

I stood outside for a couple of minutes when I saw Kendall's range rover pull over so I walk towards her car and open up the passengers door flashing a smile at her. She really looks stunning even though she's wearing this plain grey shirt and a leggings with her hair down.

"Have you eaten? " she asks so I nod back at her while putting on my seatbelt

"Have you? Cause if you haven't I can join you " I said looking back at her as she started driving

"No I'm fine, we'll just pick some coffee up yeah? " she says so I nod and stayed silent for the whole ride to Starbucks. She ordered 2 lattes before she started driving once again.

"You can play music if you want to " she says killing the silence that surround us. I then nod and reached for her phone but she stopped me

"No no, umm you can use your phone" she says making me curious since she let me use her phone back then.

"Umm, m-my phone wouldn't have enough battery for later " she reason out so I nodded and grab my phone from my pocket when I saw her phone lit up because of a message so I looked at it not letting Kendall see me but I think she saw her phone which makes her flinch and grab her phone immediately shutting it off and putting it between her thighs.

I can't be wrong, her phone battery says otherwise.

85% is way too far from being low battery. I just sighed and connect my phone and started playing some Ed sheeran songs. I don't think these are Kendall's type of songs but she let me choose anyways.

We arrived at the place 15 minutes later so I unbuckle my seatbelt and put my sunglasses on. I walk out of the car when Kendall walk towards my side as she place a smile on her face.

"Let's go" she says smiling once again. How can I be mad at her for lying when she's being this cute all the damn time.

"So we have plus one for this conference type of thing which most likely to be a meeting and also they'll show us some of the clothes that we will wear during the fashion show" she says while we're walking towards the entrance of the building which seems to be guarded since there's no fans or paps around.

We're almost at the entrance when this guy next to the guard turn around and I saw Kendall on my peripheral view flinched. I think I saw this guy somewhere.

"Kendall " he says as he walk towards us and Kendall's still frozen on her place

"I thought you're not coming" she says almost in a whisper like she didn't want me to hear it.

"I changed my mind. C'mon now I'm waiting for 3 minutes already my feet hurts" he says like a douche so I raise my brows while he completely ignore me

"Rakim, i--" he then cut off Kendall

Oh, so he's the rakim they're talking about.

"Stop these nonsense Kendall " he says pulling Kendall inside without letting me say any word. Kendall turn her head around like she wanted to go back... But she didn't.

She let rakim pull her inside. I walk towards the entrance when the guard stopped me

"Name? " he asked looking at this book which probably contain names of the guests

"Katherine but I'm with Kendall " I said pointing ahead like Kendall's still there making the guard look up at me

"Kendall's with her boyfriend, if you don't have an invitation or you're not a plus one please step aside " he says making me roll my eyes as I step aside letting the others enter. I sit at this stone at the corner and started contacting Kendall or texting her but hell I'm so unlucky.. I can't reach her.

I groaned and just waited for Kendall's reply. I hate waiting but I always wait anyways not wanting the other person to be left out or to feel bad.

30 minutes passed, no replies. I can still wait.

1 hour and 15 minutes passed. No Kendall.

I put my head down on my bare hands just staying like that for a couple more minutes. I'm starting to feel embarrassed whenever people look towards me like they pity me or they have this look like 'what the fuck are you doing there?'

I just tried ignoring them the whole time when the guard walk towards me patting my shoulder a bit

"You have to leave, you're making bad impression for the event " he says sternly making me sigh heavily as I stood up and walk out of there but before I can even go away I heard a familiar voice ahead of me

"Kath! " I looked up seeing the small brunette I haven't seen for a couple of weeks

"We have to run cause I'm damn late" she says panting with some guards following her as she pulled me inside and the guard can't even speak right now seeing my hands being pulled by the Ariana Grande.