twenty six

"Hey " I heard Emma's soft voice says from the door way of my room "why don't you eat something? You've skipped your dinner last night and also your breakfast earlier. It's already 2 pm for God's sake" she says in her thick British accent.

I pull my covers up to cover my head. She kept doing that since earlier and I'm getting tired to be honest.

"Look, if you wouldn't get up then I'm gonna call Kendall " I immediately pull my covers off and glare back at her

"Emma" I said trying to stay calm as much as possible

"Are you mad at Kendall? " she asks with her arms crossed over her chest

"Why would I be? "

"Exactly! What are you doing in your bed the whole time cause you weren't eating Katherine! " she scolded me once again

"I just don't have an appetite " I said

"I'm 6 feet tall" I look back at her and furrow my brows

"What? "

"Oh, I thought we're stating a lie" I rolled my eyes and get up from the bed to stop her from her nonsense

"Really, I won't force you to tell me what happened but at least eat. I'm still your big sister and I need to take care of you" she says making me sigh as I was about to enter the kitchen she pulled me back and pushed me softly to the couch

"I'll get it, just sit in there " she says so I didn't even argue and obey her. I sit on the couch with my legs crossed. I look up at the TV which is already open so I just look at it while waiting for Emma

"Here" she says after some seconds with a plate of lasagna. She handed it over to me so I said thank you while she sit down next to me. We both stayed silent and just watched.

"Kendall Jenner and ASAP Rocky will be attending the met gala together"

I shot my head up and some pictures of Rakim and Kendall together. I felt Emma tense up beside me as I clenched my jaw and kept watching till the news ended.

"Katherine! " I ran out of the living room and put my shoes on quickly. I ran down and didn't even bother taking a cab since I didn't bring any money. I didn't even bring my car keys so I really don't have a choice but to run a couple of blocks from Emma and I's place. I don't know what will I do or what will I say but I just wanted to go and see Kendall. I wanted to know if the news is true. If it's not then I'll be grateful but I don't even have a plan on what will I do if it is.

I reached Kendall's place so I started knocking on her door non stop. I don't know how many seconds I kept knocking when she open it up in a rush since I've been knocking way too much

"What?! -- Katherine " her furrowed face turned into a much softer one then it turned into a nervous one. I can tell that she knows the reason that I'm here. And I guess what I've heard was true

"Come in" she says but I stood there just looking at her with a straight face on. "Please come i--"

"Are you fucking kidding me? " I said with surprisingly a much calmer voice but a solid one. A serious one.

"Let me ex--"

"Please do Kendall. Explain" I saw how she swallowed before looking away from my eyes for a couple of seconds before she put it right back

"I know I asked you to come with me to the met gala--"

"Fucking get to the point Kendall! I don't even care now if you asked me to come with you at the met gala when I'll hear it all over the news that you'll be coming with that shithead! "

"Kath--"

"Get to the fucki--"

"Stop Katherine! " she says in a much louder voice making me scoff "I'll explain and yet you keep on cutting me off" she says with a pissed off face so I stayed silent but I'm still way more pissed than her "the management made me do this. They told me it's final--"

"You can't say no do you? "

"What? " she asked with a confused face

"It will always be the management who will control you. Are you a fucking robot Kendall? Can't you decide for yourself and just go to the met gala with that rakim? "

"I'm in a contract with them, can't you understand that?! "

"And I'm fucking hurting can't you also understand that Kendall!" I shouted but never letting a single tear drop. It'll just make me look weak in this position. It'll just make things worst.

"You should've not asked me to the met gala if you will obey your management in the end"

I didn't let her speak. I walk out from there and I'm not being dramatic or shit. But this is too much. It's not just my pride who's being stepped on but the trust that I'm giving to Kendall once again is just being dumped all over again.

I walk back to my place without even looking at anyone who's probably looking at me since they saw me with Kendall a couple of times and it'll be a big deal for all of them.

Once I'm back at the apartment I saw Emma sitting at the couch and she immediately look at me once I closed the door. She didn't say a word. She knows I won't talk anyways. She stood up and walks away letting me sit on the couch. She went back with a glass of water.

I don't know why I didn't even shed a tear. I don't know if that's even fine but I feel so numb right now. Like I'm not allowed to have feelings. Like I just wanted to pass out in this couch.

"Hello? " I heard emma says from beside me but I didn't even look at her.

"U-uhh maybe" I heard her say once again and she put her phone away from her ear. I saw it in my peripheral view as she tapped something on her phone

"Katherine, let's go to the met gala together" I turn my head to look at the phone and saw the caller's ID

Ariana