Chapter 14. Respect

The entire basement was set up like a massive work out center. There was a boxing ring, punching bags, lockers, showers, and exercise equipment.

Ace had taught me several different moves. Ace sat out a massive mat because he didn't want to knock me down and hurt me. The floor was made of concrete. Ace was more concerned about hurting me than getting hurt himself.

"I can't do this," I said and laughed. "I'm sorry, but I can't take this seriously."

Ace had commanded that I attack him, but it seemed ridiculous. Ace sighed and straightened up. "Bebita, you need to be serious. The only way we will know if you are doing what I showed you correctly is if you try it on me. Imagine that I'm Jim if you have to."

I arched a brow at him.

Ace chuckled. "Too soon for that joke?"

"Did you see Jim?" I asked.

"Yes," Ace said.

"Have you seen you? It's pretty hard to imagine you as Jim," I muttered.

Ace threw his head back and laughed. "I won't hurt you," he promised.

"I'm not worried about getting hurt," I muttered.

"Be serious," Ace said. "Deep breaths."

"Okay, fine," I sighed. I took several deep breaths.

We crouched slightly, and I moved toward him. I swung my fist at him, but he blocked it and knocked me on my ass.

I huffed in irritation and kicked his legs out from under him, which he wasn't expecting.

Ace grunted when he landed on his back.

I climbed on top of him and straddled him. "I win." I gave him a devious smile.

Ace chuckled. "You are scary as hell, bebita." Ace tangled his hand in my hair and brought my lips to his.

"That doesn't look like training." Benny stood at the edge of the mat with a smirk.

A giggle escaped me.

Ace sat up and pulled both of us to our feet. "What's up, man?" Ace asked.
"I'm going to guess you are," Benny teased.

I smirked.

"Aside from that." Ace rolled his eyes.

"How much is she allowed to know?" Benny pointed a finger at me.

"All of it," Ace said.

I raised my eyebrows.

Benny nodded. "Cool. So, someone broke into our southside warehouse. The cameras are damaged due to an explosion."

"Someone blew it up?" Ace asked. "Did you talk to Carlos?"

"No, he was busy, so I figured I better come to you. The alarm didn't even go off. I'm sorry." Benny shrugged.

"No, it's okay. Don't worry about it. You can't catch everything," Ace said.

"I might be able to get the footage off of one of the cameras, but it is going to take me a while," Benny said. "I just wanted you to be prepared for retaliation or something else to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever it is pulled another stunt."