Chapter 19. Rough

"Dad, I'm going to go stay with Ace," I said.

"Okay," Dad said.

"See you later," I said. I kissed his cheek.

Ace held my jacket up for me. "I can't believe you won that game. Did you cheat?" Ace teased. "I've played poker against your father and Andersen for years, and I have never won."

I scoffed. "I don't cheat. It was the luck of the draw." I slid my arms into the jacket.

"Just luck?" Ace arched a brow.

I shrugged and smiled.

Ace grabbed my hand in his and led me out of the house.

We slid into the GTO. Ace started it, and it rumbled to life. Ace sped up the driveway.

"I'm going to try for my license in a couple of weeks," I told him. I stared out the window and watched the houses fly by.

"You're ready," Ace said.

"I'm glad you think so. I'm nervous," I muttered. My gaze locked with his.

Ace brought my hand to his lips and kissed the back of it. His lips made my skin tingle. "You worry too much, bebita."

We made it back to the apartment. Ace parked the GTO beside his Expedition.

We got into the elevator that took us up to the lobby. As soon as the doors closed, I threw my arms around his neck and put my lips on his.

A hunger for him turned in my stomach and made my blood boil. Ace had a way of putting me in a trance. I needed him like I needed water.

Ace groaned against my lips. His arms snaked around my waist, and he pushed me against the wall of the elevator. He broke the kiss and trailed his lips along my jaw and stopped at my ear. His hands roamed my body as if to memorize it. Ace's hot breath tickled my skin as he whispered bad things in Spanish in my ear.

My legs shook, and I moaned. My hands slipped beneath his shirt. His skin was hot beneath my hands.

The elevator dinged, and the doors opened. An elderly couple stood on the other side of the doors, and they stared wide-eyed at us. We ignored them.

I grabbed Ace's hand and pulled him out of the elevator so fast that he stumbled slightly. I gave him a naughty smile.

Ace arched a brow at me and smirked.

The male receptionist in the lobby looked up at us. When he saw me, his eyes widened and swept over my body.

I ignored the man's stare.

Ace glared at him.

The man quickly looked back down at the papers in front of him and made himself busy.

I pushed the up button on the elevator.

Ace turned around and stared past me at the man. No doubt, he was thinking about ripping his head off.

The elevator doors opened.

I giggled and shoved Ace into the elevator. Ace stumbled, and his body slammed against the wall. His eyes widened and swept over my body. I pushed the button for the top floor and closed the distance between us.

Ace and I had sex enough times that I was not at all shy or nervous anymore. I liked the way he made me feel.

"Damn," Ace grunted.