Chapter 2

(Unedited!)

.....................

"So, I think I almost ran into prince Elias today," I said, mixed with confusion and embarrassment.

"Wait. What?!" Lilith looked at me, shocked and wide-eyed.

"Oh, my goodness! Was he as handsome as everyone said he was? Was he a gentleman or a brute? Oh my, how big was his muscles?" Lilith started to bombard me with questions while also daydreaming about the prince.

"Lilith, stop, your drooling also; I said I "almost" ran into him; besides, I wasn't able to get a good look at him anyway." I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

"Wait, then how do you know it was him?" She asked with a skeptical look and put one hand on her hip.

"Myla," I merely said.

"Ah, I see." She nodded her head in understanding.

We continued to work in silence while putting up the laundry to dry. Once we finished, we went back inside with the sun setting on the horizon.

"So, I guess the last thing to do is make sure all of the fireplaces have wood in them to last for the night," I said, putting our woven laundry baskets away.

"No, it's okay. I got this one; you should help in the kitchen since the celebration is coming up; they will need all of the help that they can get," Lilith said.

"Are you sure?" I asked, making sure that she was sure that she didn't need the help.

"Yes, now get going, or else you are up all night," she said.

"Thank you," I gave her a silly pout.

"Yeah, Yeah, but you better save me some sweets!" She pointed her finger at me. And began to walk up the steps with the other servants.

"Don't worry, I will," I laughed and saw her disappear around the corner of the staircase. With a few stragglers rushing past me, I head over to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ada helped in the kitchen while Farah and Queen Elma set up the party.

"Your highness, where would you like these?" One of the maids asked.

"Oh, over there would be lovely, thank you." Elma pointed to one part of the room. "Farah, I do not know what to do; I don't understand why he dislikes me so. Have I said or done something that could have made him act like this?" The queen looked at Farah with a worried look on her face.

"Elma, I'm sorry there isn't much that I could say except that it's nothing that you did, but I believe that it is something having to do with Elias himself." Farah rubbed Elma's shoulder to comfort her.

"I see," the queen said with a puzzled expression and then looked around the room, "Maybe throwing this celebration was little much."

"No, no, I'm sure that It'll be fine." Farah smiled, "And if you aren't doing it, someone else would be doing it, and that person would have probably been me."

Farah and the queen chuckled.

"Yes, you are right." The queen gave a reassuring smile.

"Just be patient. I'm sure at some point that he'll come around." The queen nodded her head in agreement, and the two women sat together in silence for a moment. 

"I was curious, did you notice that Mary was not with Myla for the past few days?" The queen turned and looked at Farah.

"No, I'm afraid not."