Chapter 3

(Unedited!!)

............

The celebration couldn't have come any sooner. The castle was in full swing now as we try to complete everything that was needed. The Kitchen was working overtime, trying to prepare any of the meals that will be served. I wiped the sweat from my brow with my sleeve as I heaved a bucket of water into the room. The kitchen was sweltering due to the fires' heat and the number of people working in the kitchen, which added to the heat. I had been helping since lunch to make sure everything was prepared.

After being in the kitchen mostly, I had lost track of time and did not realize that the sun was setting and the guests had begun to arrive. As I was trying to finish the next dish, Lilith walked in and hurried over to where I was.

"There you are! I have been looking everywhere for you, the party had begun, and some of the girls and I were going to go watch the festivities." Lilith said out of breath.

"Lilith, I would love to but, I still have a lot to do... I can't just leave." I said, gesturing around me of the chaotic atmosphere. Lilith looked around and looked back at me, biting her lip fighting with whatever she was trying to hold back.     

"Okay, well, I guess I'll get-" Before Lilith could finish, Marlow cut in.

"It's okay, Aida, we'll be fine; here you go on and have some fun before you finish your duties for the night." Marlow swiftly walked over and took the materials out of my hands. Lilith and I stood silently looking at Marlow; I mostly stood there and looked at her, speechless.

"But, Marlow I-"

"Aida, it is okay; you've done enough; you are young. Have some fun." Marlow cut me off. I stared at her silently. 

Marlow looked at us and waved her hand to shoo us away, "Go on, go." She looked away and went back to work. Lilith and I looked at each other and giggled. Lilith grabbed my hand and rushed me out of the kitchen. I hastily took off my apron and grabbed Lilith's hand once more, and ran up the stairs in a fit of laughter and giggles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The party became more and more lively as the guests kept coming in. Elias stood next to his father's and stepmother's empty throne, waiting. Eldon and Farah were in their seats, patiently waiting with Elias.

"Does father always need to make an entrance?" Elias leaned over and whispered to Eldon.

Eldon chuckled and said, "Well, it is the father after all; what did you expect?" They both chuckled, and Elias stood back up and rolled his stiff shoulders.

Once the rest of the guests were within the ballroom, the room was filled with chatter as everyone waited for the king and queen's presence. The trumpets began to play, which signaled the king and the queen's entrance. Elias straightened up more and lifted his chin. The double doors opened, and in came king Everard and queen Elma. The guests parted and bowed. They walked through, nodding their heads here and there to whomever they walked past. Once they both reached toward the short stairs, Elma took Everard's hand as he helped her up the stairs and guided her to her throne.

They looked at everyone that was now facing them. Everyone bowed low again as the king and queen sat down on their thrones. Everard lifted his hand and bowed his head in acknowledgment as everyone lifted and looked at the king and queen once more.

The silence continued as Everard looked at his guest. He opened his mouth and said, "Good evening, everyone, thank you for coming to this happy occasion." He continued. "I have invited you all here to celebrate my son, Elias" He looked up at Elias, and Elias looked at him and gave him a closed mouth smile with a small nod. "He had just been appointed as one of the generals of the royal army," Everard announced proudly with a smile on his face.