Chapter 55 - His Awake

4 HOURS LATER - SAME DAY (THUR, 13 SEPTEMBER 2019)

Kiara's POV

When I didn't hear from Steph after he had send me that text, which I've read a hundred times since he send it, I knew deep down something bad was going to happen, I felt it and I believe that Steph did too, judging by the things he had said in the text. But I still hoped and prayed that I'm just being paranoid and that Steph will be fine and that I'm reading too much in his "goodbye" text. But when he didn't call last night to wish the kids and I a goodnight, I knew something had indeed happened to him as that's the only thing that would stop him from calling and checking on us, and when I tried calling him and the others, their phones were off and I knew that whatever happened was bad.

I hadn't slept a wink last night as I was worried sick about what happened to him and I kept checking on the kids to make sure they were safe and okay as I knew if something had indeed happened to him, he would want me to make sure our kids are safe as their safety was his first priority, the kids and I was his first priority. Plus I couldn't stop crying, everytime I went into the twin's room I would cry even harder as they were oblivious to what's going on around them and that they had no clue that they might never see their daddy again but I couldn't think that way, especially not now that he needs my support, hope and prayers that he would make it back to us. I was brought out of my thoughts by the car stopping infront of the hospital's entrance.

Gio got out of the car after taking my hand and giving it a supportive squeeze as he knows how hard this is for me, and then he went around the car to my side and opened my door for me but I was frozen on my seat, not because I didn't want to see ...

Gio got out of the car after taking my hand and giving it a supportive squeeze as he knows how hard this is for me, and then he went around the car to my side and opened my door for me but I was frozen on my seat, not because I didn't want to see him because Lord only knows how much I did want to see him but I was afraid of what I'll see when I get in there, not knowing the full extent of his injuries.

"Kiara!" Gio says loudly pulling me out of my thoughts and I only noticed now that he had his hand stretched out for me to take, which I took shakily but then I didn't follow behind him, which he noticed.

"You coming?" He asked and I just look at him only to turn back around facing away from him and the entrance door.

"Give me a second, please" I say chocking on my words As I'm trying to keep me tears at bay and not break into a sob but obviously failing as I tried to stay positive and strong for the past 4 hours since Gio gave me the news and I think it's only hitting me now that I'm about to see him.