Chapter 56 - Released From The Hospital

10 Days Later (Tue, 29 October 2019)

Kiara's POV

It has been about a week and a half since Steph woke up, I would say he came back to me but that is not the case. I've been going to the hospital everyday for a week and he doesn't even want to see me, let a lone talk to me and I'm at my wit's end. The Doctor says that the long term memory loss is due to the swelling of the brain or it could've been caused by the induced coma, but the CT scan shows clear, no permanent damage was caused to the brain and that there is no way to tell when he might get his memory back as the duration might be a few days, weeks or even a lifetime and to think that he might never remember me or most importantly his kids tears me apart.

I have tried to visit him but the guys wouldn't let me, saying that they protecting both of us by keeping us apart as Steph needs to heal and doesn't need the "stress" right now, which I understand as the doctor said the same thing and with me staying away will also "ensure" I wouldn't get hurt like I did before because we all know his not himself at the moment. But what they do not understand is that it hurts me even more to be away from him, how can he ever remember me if his not around me and the same goes for the kids but I'm afraid he'll treat them the way he did me. I'm currently back at the Estate as I cannot stand being in Florida another second because it's like the guys have become his bodyguards and I'm the "obsessed fan" or the "crazy ex" that they need to keep away, so that's exactly what I'm doing, staying away.

What surprises me is that Gio is one of them that listens to every word Steph says and stands by his side no matter what and would just lower his head everytime I attempted to visit Steph, which is weird as he was so comforting the 5 weeks Steph was in the coma, he was with me everyday, he became my rock but I guess this is his way of making it up to Steph for what has happened. The girls have been here for the kids when I wasnt, they have been trying to get me out of the house and take my mind off of this situation but it's all I can think about. Bringing me out of my thoughts was my phone ringing and when I looked at the number I saw its Elijah.

"Hello" I say.

"Hey sweetheart, I can't talk long I just thought I'd let you know that Steph is being released from the hospital and I overheard him talking to Gio, saying that he wants to be taken to the mansion, but I gotta go now before they see me calling you." Elijah says and then hangs up.

His going to the "Mafia mansion"? The only reason I stayed away from the hospital was because I thought I'd wait till he gets home then I can try and talk to him and make him remember me, remember us but his making sure that I do not come anywhere near him. And what shocked me more about what Elijah just said was that he has to go before they see him calling me? So what they not allowed to speak to me? This is starting to get weirder by the second and I don't know how much more I can take, I'm already not well, I can't eat and if I force myself to eat something I get nauseous or vomit everything I had just forced myself to eat and I know it's due to all this stress but I can't help but worry as I'm not looking too good either, the kids already lost their dad, I can't get ill now...

"Hey the kids are down, why don't we go down and have a late lunch?" Mel says coming to sit next to me as she is staying with me to help with the kids.

"Elijah just called" I say and then look up at her with tears in my eyes.

"Is everything okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, or atleast I think so he didn't say anything about Steph's recovery, he just let me know that Steph is being released" I say and she smiles.

"Well that's good right? Why are you crying then?" She asks with a frown.

"He also said that he overheard Steph and Gio talking and that Gio is taking him to the mansion" I say and then wipe my eyes.