Part 3: We're Not Crazy.

"I'm just gonna put it to you this way, Mr. Brock. You're completely crazy." Said Dr. Stoneman, Eddie's temporary therapist.
"Wow... You have got to be kidding me. Isn't the point of your job to convince me that I ain't crazy?" Eddie sat on his couch, completely fed up with this man.
"You think there's an alien that lives inside you. That TALKS to you. For God's sakes, Brock, what are you on?"
Venom spoke to Eddie. "THIS ONE IS GETTING ON OUR NERVES. WHY DON'T WE JUST EAT HIM??"
"We can't eat this one, Venom! He's trying to help me!" Yelled Eddie aloud.
"You're talking to it now, aren't you?" Said Stoneman.
"Uhm.... no."
"WHY ARE YOU LYING, EDDIE?"
"Shut it, V!" Yelled Eddie, again aloud.
The therapist was confused, yet intrigued.
"What do you think it's saying?"
"I don't THINK anything, doc! I know I hear him! I'm not crazy, I swear!"
Stoneman laughed. "Eddie, you belong in an asylum. There's no way I can help you." The man said, starting to pack his things.
Eddie, infuriated, actually considered eating the man. He didn't want to stir up any trouble, however, so he just let him leave. He was pissed off, though. Annie recommended this therapist, and he was horrible! He just made Eddie feel completely psychotic. And maybe he was. But he was happy.... for once. Annie was just worried about him. That Venom was taking his sanity. He shrugged it off. He had never been sane.
"THAT WAS.... NOT GOOD."
Eddie giggled. "Yeah, it really wasn't. That bastard actually thought we were crazy!" Eddie laughed as he "spoke to the alien inside of him that he spoke to 24/7." Maybe he was crazy.
"OH, EDDIE... WE ARE MOST DEFINITELY CRAZY!"
"You're probably right, Venom. I'm bored."
"ME TOO. LET'S DO SOMETHING."
"Alright. Wanna go to the park?"
"YES AND STOP AT STARBUCKS."
"Why?"
"WE'RE OUT OF COFFEE, EDDIE!"
"But I only have like ten bucks and I need it for-"
"SHUT UP. WE'RE GOING TO STARBUCKS."
Eddie sighed. "Why are you like this...."

"Alright, we're here. What do you want."
"LET ME THINK ABOUT IT...." Eddie sighed. The man at the counter nodded at him. Eddie smiled and raised one finger at him. "Alright, hurry up.. What do you want?" Said Eddie aloud. The man at the register gave him the strangest look. "Uhm, sir? Are you ready to ord-"
"Yes, just give me a second!" Interrupted Eddie. "If you don't tell me what you want right now, I'm getting you black coffee!" Shouted Eddie. The man at the register seriously looked freaked out now. "Sir.... Are you okay?" Eddie approached the counter.
"WAIT, I'M STILL THINKING!"
"Nope, you're too slow. I'm getting what I want now!" The man gave him the weirdest look. "I'm sorry about that..." He ordered.
They handed him his coffee and he took a seat. He tried to sip his coffee but it burnt his tongue. "Ouch! God!" Venom died laughing. "Shut up you slimy bastard." Eddie said, silencing Venom.
The TV had a news alert on. A new inmate had been moved into the local prison. A very dangerous one. James Hernandez. Eddie pulled his phone out and looked up his name. He found an article on it. The newspaper it was for was based out of New York. Written by a certain "Peter Parker."
Apparently the man had been moved from an underground prison in New York due to the deaths of three other inmates. "Damn." Said Eddie.
"WOW HE'S BAD."
Eddie giggled. "Not as bad as us."
Venom smiled, but Ed couldn't see it. He wanted to take another sip of his coffee, but didn't want to risk it. So naturally, he got Venom to do the thing he didn't want to do. "Venom, see if this is too hot."
A small black head popped up from behind his shoulder. "TRY ME." He put the straw up to Venom's mouth.
"IT SHOULD BE FINE."
Eddie took a sip.
"Oh my GOD!!!" He screamed, spitting it out.
"What the hell, V!?"
Venom laughed his brains out.
Eddie sighed. He was laughing on the inside as well, but wasn't going to show it.
Eddie looked at the TV. "I wonder if he'll be an issue."
"PROBABLY BEST NOT TO GET TANGLED UP IN IT."
"Yeah you're right." Eddie giggled. "Maybe they'll put him with Kasady, show him who's really bad."
"THAT MAN MAKES DAHMER LOOK LIKE MICKEY MOUSE."
"True. And I came this close to him." Eddie said, making a hand gesture.
If Kasady ever got out, make no mistake, there would be Carnage.

They finished their coffee and headed to the park. They walked around for a bit and talked. "And that's the story of the time Anne and I met."
"Oh... How amazing." Said Venom, unenthusiastically.
Eddie picked up this hint and stopped talking. He could tell all this talk about Anne was making Venom feel uncomfortable.
He changed the subject. "So, tell me about your planet."
"HOW ABOUT NO."
"Come on Venom! You never talk about it!"
"I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT."
"Please!"
"NO."
"I'll get us tater tots tonight!"
"REALLY!?"
"Yes, Venom, we'll stop by Mrs. Chen's."
"PROMISE!?"
"I promise, V."
Venom's voice grew softer.
"Well, as you know, I wasn't exactly the coolest cat on my planet."
"Yeah." Said Eddie.
"Some of the other symbiotes bullied the absolute hell out of me. And Riot was the worst. A total douche."
"We took care of him, didn't we?" Eddie said with a giggle.
"Yes we did. But there are others, others that might have come with me and Riot on that asteroid."
"Really? Would they pose a threat?"
"It really depends on their hosts. You see, the hosts have the power to corrupt the symbiote. If a symbiote attached itself to a killer like Cletus Kasady, then it would be total carnage."
"What about Riot? Was he corrupted by Drake?" Asked Ed.
"Well, maybe partially, but, as I said, Riot was already a jerk. Perhaps Drake's desire for power did influence the symbiote, though. We may never know." Explained Venom.
"My legs are getting tired, let's sit down." Said Eddie. He walked over to the grassy area to his right and sat down.

Since no one was looking, Venom decided to peek his head out from behind Eddie. They looked each other in the eyes. Eddie, who was usually riddled with anxieties felt.... peace. Venom made his mind clear, and he was at peace. In fact, it went both ways, though neither admitted to it. They brought each other comfort like no other. They had this deep, unbreakable bond that no one else in the entire world shared. No one would ever know how it felt. They shared a body. A mind. Their lives were intertwined.
Some people who are "in love" claim that they are inseparable, this is a false claim. While it may emotionally pain them, they can be separated from their significant other. In Venom and Eddie's case, they literally COULD NOT be separated. Or at least, it was quite hard. In fact, that was Venom's greatest fear. That they would be separated. That their bond would be ultimately shattered. And that there was nothing they could do to stop it.
They sat there for a few moments, just staring at each other, thinking.
Venom finally broke the silence.
"Eddie, can I say something?"
"Of course you can." Said Eddie with a bit of excitement.
"Eddie, I lo-"
Eddie's phone rang.
"It's Anne."
"WELL ANSWER IT!"
"It can wait, what were you saying?"
"ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE, EDDIE."
Eddie sighed and accepted the call.
"Eddie! Oh my God I was afraid you wouldn't pick up." She said, sounding like she was on the verge of tears. "What's wrong, Annie!" Eddie said.
"My friend Jack went down to the prison to interview the new prisoner, James Hernandez, and apparently a riot just broke out!!!"
"Oh no! What's going on!?"
"I don't know, he left a couple hours ago. I texted him just a little while ago to check up on him, and he didn't answer. And then I turn on the news AND SEE THAT A DANGEROUS RIOT HAD BROKEN OUT! Please do something, Eddie! You're the only one who can!"
Eddie nodded, "Yes of course, we're on our way."
"Hurry!"
Eddie hung up and ran to his motorcycle.
"SO WE'RE OFF TO THE PRISON!?" Said Venom.
"Yeah." Said Eddie, only thinking of the task at hand.

At the unlawful speed he was going at, it only took them a good ten minutes to get to the prison. There was a mixture of police and military guarding the gate outside. They immediately ran up to Eddie and started saying, "Sir, you can't be here," and "This is a restricted area, civilian!" Eddie ignored them, advancing towards the gate. They tried to stop him but he simply pushed them away and kept moving towards the prison.
One of the policeman reached for his gun and said, "Civilian! Leave now or we will use lethal force."
He kept walking.
The man fully drew his pistol and pointed it at Eddie. "Stop! Put your hands behind your head."
Eddie stopped, and did so.
"Now get down on the ground! DO IT!"
He got on his knees.
Two other officers came up to him with handcuffs. They grabbed his arms and as they were about to handcuff him, he muttered something.
"What did you say!?" Yelled one of the officers.
Eddie smiled.
He said nothing.
"What the Hell did you say!?"
"I said......
He looked up at the officer.

"MASK!"