Part 9: Court

Eddie was awoken by the sound of his cell door crashing open.
"Eddie! Get the hell up! You got court today." Shouted the guard at his door.
"Just.... five... more... minutes." Growled Eddie.
"EDDIE, DO YOU WANT US TO GET OUT OF HERE OR NOT!?" Yelled Venom in his ear.
"Ughhhh... Just give me a second!"
"EDDIE, GET. OUT. OF. BED. NOW."
"Would you just SHUT UP, VENOM!? God, you talk too goddamn much."
Venom was silent.
Eddie sighed. "I'm sorry, I didn't-"
Silence.
"Venom..."
Silence.
Eddie yawned and slowly rose himself up and walked out of his bed. He changed jumpsuits and walked over to the guard.
"Ready?" He asked.
"Yeah, let's go." Said Eddie, tiredly.
The guard transferred him to a cop car outside, and in a quick moment, he was off to court. The trip to the courthouse was fairly quick, and the cop driving didn't speak a word to Eddie. He almost avoided him. It was as if he was afraid of him. Them.

When they stopped, the policeman slowly went around the car, gun drawn, opened the backseat door and forcefully pulled Eddie out. They walked in with a crowd observing. They all seemed to fear Eddie. It felt oddly amazing. It gave them a sort of joy-filled rush.
"THEY'RE AFRAID OF US." Said Venom.
"They should be." Eddie said aloud. They both smiled. They absorbed the fear, and kept it inside. Deep inside. It was the fear that kept them going. As long as they were feared, they could do what they wanted to. They could stop Cletus Kasady.
They met Matt at the door, and went inside.
Court was pretty boring, and Eddie dozed off multiple times. Murdock had to wake him up. Several witnesses were called in, including a few guards and prisoners. They all said that they saw a large black symbiote walking around the halls of the prison. None of them said they saw two. Eddie assumed this was because anyone who came into contact with Lasher was dead. Except him and Venom, of course. One of the guards at the door said they saw Eddie transform into the symbiote and jumping over the fence. The word "transformed" got on Eddie's nerves. It discredited Venom. When he "transformed", it was just as much Venom as it was himself. They became each other. It was more like a joining together. Sometimes Venom took over, sometimes Eddie took over, but most of the time, the power was equal.
Murdock argued the fact that the times didn't line up. Eddie entered the prison AFTER the riot had already started. The jury seemed hesitant to believe him, however. After several hours, a recess was called until the next day.

Murdock took this opportunity to speak to his client.
"So, things are looking good for us, Eddie."
"Yeah, maybe I'll get out after all."
"Yeah, you wanna talk about it over lunch?" Said Matt.
"Am I allowed to?" Eddie asked.
"Yeah, I'll tell the cop you're getting a ride with me."
After some small arguing, they decided to go to McDonald's. Eddie got a McChicken, his favorite thing on the menu, simply because it's cheap and good. Matt got a salad, he always tended to eat as if he was on some sort of diet. They sat down in a table by the window, giving Eddie a clear view of the TV.
"So, if the jury properly acknowledges the paradox in this scenario, you're probably getting out." Said Matt.
"Yeah, hopefully." Eddie said, eyes on the Television.
"So you stole your symbiote from the Life Foundation, eh?" Matt said after a moment, trying to keep the conversation going.
"Yeah, I did."
"And Carlton Dr-"
"Drake was a douchebag. No doubt about that."
"He had a symbiote too, didn't he?"
"Several."
"Where are those now?" Asked Murdock.
"I don't really know, spread out across the state, if not the country by now." Eddie brought his eyes down to meet the lawyer's.
"Drake had a symbiote, didn't he?"
"Yeah. So did Cletus Kasady." As soon as Eddie said those words, he noticed something on the TV. It was a news report.
-------------------------------
San Fransisco home.
3 bodies found.
Markings "CK" found on the wall, painted in blood. Kasady's signature mark.
"Shit!" Eddie shouted aloud.
"What? What is it!?" Yelled Matt.
"Kasady's struck."
Eddie threw his trash away and started heading back to the car. He went ahead of Matt so he could talk to Venom.
"Hey, V."
"You haven't called me that in a while, Ed." Said Venom, calmly.
"You see that?"
"Yeah, Kasady's out." He responded.
"What do we do?"
"We get out of prison, Eddie. Then we go after this son of a bitch."