Part 6: Fragmentation

"Venom... We need to talk." Eddie said, laying on his bed.
"WHAT IS IT?"
"What were you and Lasher talking about..."
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?"
"Like, during the fight." Eddie said hesitantly.
"OH... I WAS HOPING I WOULDN'T HAVE TO TELL YOU ABOUT THIS. GODDAMMIT LASHER!!"
"You know you can tell me anything, right?"
"YES, OF COURSE I DO."
"Then why won't you explain this to me?"
"OKAY, FINE, I WILL...

So, when the Life Foundation first took me in, they sort of... split me. Into different pieces. You see with symbiotes, once one is split into different pieces, those pieces develop their own consciousness and therefore become their own symbiote. If the symbiote's pieces are found, it can re-bond with them, becoming much more powerful. The individual consciousness
is fused with the original symbiote. Their strength, intelligence, speed, etc. are combined, creating a sort of ultra-symbiote. Well this is what Lasher wanted. And he wanted us to dispose of our hosts, not being restricted by their morals and values. I wasn't gonna let that happen, Eddie.
Eddie was silent.
Venom sighed. "Are you happy now?"
"Wh-why didn't you tell me this before?" Eddie said.
"I'm sorry, Eddie. I thought you would think of me differently."
"Venom, you know I wouldn't..."
"I guess I just thought you would think I was... like weak or whatever..." Said Venom.
"Venom... Yo-WE are not weak."
Their conversation was interrupted by the cell door opening.
It was a guard. "Come on, Brock."
"What?" Said Eddie.
"Let's go, you need to meet your lawyer."
"We-uhm-I didn't ask for a lawyer."
"Well you got one. It IS your right as a citizen after all." He said unenthusiastically.
"What the hell?..." Said a confused Eddie.
He got up and walked over to the guard. He very possibly could have escaped right then and there if Venom wasn't too weak. He handcuffed him and walked him down the hall.
The room was very dimly lit and there was a single table with two chairs on each side. Eddie walked in and sat down in the one to his right. "Now what?" He said.
"He should be here any moment." Said the guard, waiting at the door.
After a few moments, there were a few knocks at the door. Eddie wondered why he didn't just let himself in. His lawyer walked in and that's when he realized.
It was a man in a suit. He had red rounded sunglasses and was carrying a cane that he used to tap the doorway. He was blind.
He stopped at the table, twisting his cane and pushing it into itself, minimizing its size.
"Mr. Brock, it's good to meet you. I'm your Lawyer, Matt Murdock."