Part 16: The Plan

"Just last night, an elderly couple was killed in their San Francisco home. Witnesses say it was not a man that did it, but rather a large, tentacled creature. At the scene of the crime, the word 'Carnage' was reportedly written on the wall--using the victims' blood."
Eddie shut off the TV. Anne looked at him.
"I know." He responded.
"You really think that's Kasady?" She asked.
"Without a doubt."
He left the room. He needed to discuss this with Venom.
"So, that's it. Two kills in a row. Something's changed. He... He-"
"HE'S GOT A SYMBIOTE."
"I didn't think Lasher would have gone back to him. Maybe it just... happened?"
"NOT LIKELY."
"What about those other ones that split from you?"
"OH, THEY SCATTERED. ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY, MAYBE THE WORLD. I DOUBT ANY OF THEM WOULD HAVE STAYED HERE."
"Then what the hell is that!?"
"I DON'T KNOW. I JUST... DON'T KNOW. OKAY?"
"Okay."
"BUT THIS DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING, OKAY? REMEMBER THE PLAN."
"Yeah. First, we track him down. Second, we prepare. And last, we go for him."
"GOOD. HOW DO WE TRACK HIM DOWN?"
"We follow his trail. Trace his murders. Do what we have to to find him."
"YEP. HOW ARE WE GOING TO PREPARE?"
"Exercises, sparring sessions, therapy, whatever we have to do to be mentally and physically ready."
"AND LAST, WHAT DO WE DO ONCE WE GO FOR HIM."
"We put an end to his savagery. If that means putting him in the ground, I won't lose any sleep."
They smiled. They had their plan, so they just had to execute it.
---------------------------------
The top of the Golden Gate bridge proved to be a better view every time. They stared at the vast city in front of them. They were looking for one man in that mess. One man. It seemed hopeless. Except Kasady was not just a man. He was a murderer. And he could be tracked. Somewhere, in that large expanse, was a terrible monster. He was out there, and the search would be hard. So they had better get to looking.
They closed their eyes and enjoyed the cool, early-morning breeze before letting go, and subsequently falling. They were only half-transformed, with more of Eddie showing than Venom. Venom's strength still wasn't fully restored.
They began to plummet to the bay. They had just passed the base of the platform when a tendril launched out of Eddie's hand, and attached to the side of the bridge. They swung in the air, and flew into the sky. When they began to fall again, another tendril reached out for a building, and swung them forward. Eventually, exhausted, they landed on a building. Eddie's face was covered up by Venom's signature "mask." They had been through so much together, and still they prospered. Not without hardship. Not without Anne, and Murdock, and jail...

Venom was lost in thought. He detached himself from Eddie, who sat on the edge of the building. If he fell, Venom would be there in time. Hopefully.
Anne had been becoming a major obstacle. Venom didn't hate her, but she was stunting their progress. Eddie assumed things between them were fine, well he was far from right! Anne was a major distraction for him, and Venom was tired of the lovey-dovey bullshit! Especially at night, things got pretty weird for him...
ANYWAYS...perhaps Anne could take a short vacation or something. Just until Kasady was found. Then she could come back and her and Eddie could do whatever they wanted to! The only problem, Venom knew that wasn't the case. He knew it would never be the case.

Eddie glanced towards the cars passing below him. Kasady could be in any one of those cars, he thought to himself. He could be hiding among them! He could be watching them, for all they know! He could be looking for them! The thought made Eddie shudder. He saw what the psycho did to Jack. Poor guy. He couldn't have imagined what Anne thought when she found out. Did she even know? Perhaps she knew he had died, but hopefully they spared her the details. The thought of Eddie--or rather, Venom--being in Jack's place sent a chill down his spine. There was no going back, now. There was only going forward. Delving into the unknown. Going after Cletus Kasady. Bringing him to an end. The thought excited Eddie. Not the thought of killing, but the thought of justice. Justice for Jack, and everyone else that bastard killed. Justice...

"EDDIE!"
"What!?" shouted Eddie, with a start.
"I may or may not have snuck down there."
"Jesus Christ, Venom... Did anyone see you!?"
"No, no one saw me! But listen! There was a policeman and I overheard his radio! Something about their primary suspect driving a yellow Cadillac."
"We don't know that's Kasady, Venom!"
"Yes we do! I overheard them say his name! The officer even asked them to repeat and I heard it again. Better that time. Last sighting was around Mulberry Street. Wait, Mulberry Street..."
"That's the street that Annie's apartment is on!"

With that, they swung towards their place of residence, hoping to get there before it was too late.