Part 8: Revelations

A knock on Eddie's cell door.
"Who is it?"
"Your lawyer."
"Let him in, man."
The door swung open, and Matthew Murdock stepped in, tapping his cane against the concrete.
"What's new, Matt?"
"Well, I spoke to some of the prisoners."
"And?"
"And apparently, the ones in solitary all conveniently died during the riot."
"Oh my God..."
"No one saw a second symbiote, but the good news is, the timeframe doesn't match up."
"Oh my God, you're right!"
"The guards at the gate and the ones inside can testify that you entered the prison AFTER the riot had already started. I also spoke to a few prisoners in Cell Block A. They all said that they saw your symbiote in their Block, questioning a guard about where solitary was."
"This is great! When can we go to court?"
"Tuesday, Eddie. Get ready."
"Hell yeah!" Yelled Eddie.
"We're going to get out of here!" Shouted Venom inside of Eddie's head.
"I'm gonna get to my hotel to get ready, thanks for actually being compliant."
"You're staying in a hotel?"
"Yeah, I'm from New York. I just came down here because I read about you online and wanted to see for myself. Next thing I know you need a lawyer. I'm not that successful up North, but maybe that'll change after this."
"Ah, gotcha. Well, thanks for doing this. I really appreciate it."
"It's no problem Ed. I'll see ya man."
He walked out, and the door shut behind him.
"We might just be getting out of here, Venom."
"WE CAN ONLY HOPE, EDDIE."
"I couldn't have done it without you."
"SAME HERE. AND TO THINK I WAS JUST GETTING USED TO THE SMELL OF THIS WRETCHED PLACE!"
"Yeah, me too."
An awkward silence.
"Uhm... Venom?"
"WHAT IS IT, EDDIE?"
"I want you to know something."
"YEAH?"
"I want you to know that nothing compares to what we have. Not me and Anne. Nothing I've ever had with anyone compares to what we have."
Eddie's mind was racing.
"OH... WOW, EDDIE." Venom said, slightly surprised.
Eddie smiled friendlily.

Wow? WOW? What the Hell? Eddie thought. He had just basically declared his feelings and that's all he got? There was a portion of his brain that he only just learned how to use. He learned how to think in this portion, hiding his thoughts from Venom. This is what he did when he didn't want Venom to know.
"Uhm, I'm going to bed." He said.
He did so. Court was in just a few days, and he was determined to get out. Not for him, not for Anne, not even for Venom, but for Kasady. He needed to get out. To stop Kasady. To end his reign of terror.