Chapter 16

A few days later...

"Are you serious or was that a sarcastic answer?" Cisco asked Barry.
"I'm serious Cisco."
"When did she tell you?"
"Last week."
"And she told you not to tell Caitlin because...?"

Caitlin had been looking for them both because it had been a long time since they both went down to the speed lab. When she heard Barry and Cisco mention her name she hid behind a wall and listened.

"Caitlin gave her up."
"What?" Cisco asked. "That doesn't sound like Caitlin."
"No but it does sound like Frost."
"So Frost gave her away?"
"Yeah. Apparently she reminded Caitlin of me and well she didn't want to have her around."

Caitlin felt her stomach churn and her heart ache.

"How could I do that to my own child?" She whispered.

Tears formed in her eyes but she quickly wiped them away when she heard Birdie coming.

"Did you find them?"
"Yeah. They're in there."
"Why are you crying?" She asked worriedly.
"It's allergies."
"You were fine like five minutes ago. What's wrong?"
"Nothing's wrong okay?" She snapped.
"Um okay. I'll just go back upstairs." Birdie pursed her lips and turned on her heels.

Barry heard mumbling and found Caitlin crying. Cisco left them alone and Barry sat with Caitlin in one of the steps.

"Cait." He said sighing.
"I'm such a horrible mom. I was afraid this would happen. That I would be just like my mother." She sobbed.
"Caitlin, don't do this to yourself. Don't be sorry for the things future you might do. You have your daughter right here and she told me she doesn't hate you. She could never. In fact, she's happy that she can spend time with you."
"How could I do that to her Barry?" She asked looking at him.
"Hey." He said holding her cheeks. "I left too okay. You're not the only one who made that mistake but you know what's great? She forgave us and we have time for her before she goes back."

She dried her eyes and nodded. He smiled and started to lean in. Their noses were touching and just as Caitlin felt Barry's lips brush against hers Cisco's voice blasted through the speakers.

"Guys! We have a slight problem."

They jumped apart from each other and tried to act cool.

"I think we should go." Caitlin said standing up.

Barry cleared his throat and nodded. "Yeah."

She walked out and Barry was mentally slapping himself for not being faster but at the same time forgetting he has a wife.

"Cisco what's wrong?" Barry asked walking into the cortex.
"There's a new meta. He can move things. With his mind."
"Where?"
"5th avenue." Caitlin said.

He suited up and gave Birdie her suit. "It's time for a little action with dad."

"Oh hell yes." She nodded and smiled

They both went out and sped to the sight. The guy had a mask and a yellow and black suit.

"Hello Flash. See you have company."

Barry shrugged.

"Well, I do too."

A few guys with long guns came out of the building and surrounded Barry and Birdie.

"Birdie."
"Yeah?"
"Time to let Frosty out."
"My pleasure."

She smirked and screamed releasing a wave of frost strong enough to take a few people out. She proceeded to do the lightning punch but the meta knocked both of them out with a a few pieces of what looked like balls of some weird material. Caitlin treated them when they went back. They both had a few bruises, Barry had cut his eyebrow which Caitlin had to stitch and Birdie her lip.

"Do you want to stay with me tonight?" Caitlin asked.

Birdie looked at Barry and he nodded.

"Sure." She smiled.

Caitlin smiled and walked out to the cortex and Cisco followed.

"Dad, can you stop thinking? You're driving me insane."
"What?"
"Powers. Mind reading."
"So you can hear everything I'm thinking?"
"Yeah." She nodded. "What happened between you and Caitlin?"

He sighed and looked at Birdie.

"We almost kissed."
"What?" She asked widening her eyes.
"Yeah." He nodded. "She was crying cause she overheard me and Cisco talking about you and she found out that you're our kid."
"So she knows?"

He nodded and rubbed his eyes.

"What are you going to do?" She asked looking at the floor.
"I don't know."
"Do you like mom?"
"I'm confused."

She nodded.

"Well. If you love two people choose the second one, because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the other." She said patting his back.

He sighed and stared at the floor.

"I love you." She smiled and hugged him from behind.
"Forever and always." He smiled.

After a few hours, they all went to their respective homes. Cisco was thinking about food, Birdie was thinking about LEGOS, Caitlin was thinking about Birdie but also of her almost kiss with Barry and what it meant and Barry was thinking about his messy love life and his two daughters.