Chapter 17

(Another time skip)

1 week later...

Barry's P.O.V.

"Okay. Are you girls ready to go back?" I asked looking at my two daughters.
"Yeah." Nora nodded.

Birdie on the other hand, was not ready at all. She had been crying the whole week. I let her spend a few nights at Caitlin's since she already knew she was her daughter.

"Do you think we should talk to her?" Caitlin asked standing beside me. "You know, together?"
"Yeah." I nodded. "Come here." I said pulling Birdie's arm softly.

Caitlin and I took her to the cortex and sat in the med bay.

"I don't want to leave." She sobbed.
"Honey. You're going to be just fine, okay?" Caitlin said kissing her temple. "I promise." She hugged her.
"I love you Birdie. I promise this is for the best. I wouldn't do it if it wasn't." I said squeezing her hand softly.

She just nodded and cuddled closer to Caitlin. She was crying as well but dried her tears and hugged Birdie back.

"It's okay pretty girl."

I looked at Caitlin and she looked back at me.

"Hey, come here." I said pulling her close to my chest. "I promise it will all be better when you go back. We'll try to make everything better okay? I promise your mom and I will try to make things work." I said kissing her forehead.

She nodded and hugged me tightly.

"We love you so much Birdie. And we're glad you turned out to be an amazing girl, with an amazing heart, despite of all you've been through." Caitlin said brushing her hair.

"Thanks." Birdie smiled.

We hugged her for a while, waiting for her to calm down.

"Okay. Come on." I said standing up. "I need you to trust me." I said looking into my daughter's blue eyes.
"I trust you." She smiled.

I smiled and nodded. When we walked back to the particle accelerator Nora hugged Birdie and held her hand.

"Take care of your sister. You're all she has." I said looking at Nora.
"I will. I promise." She smiled and hugged me.
"Thank you. You be good." I said pinching Birdie's nose.
"I promise I will." She nodded.
"Okay. On the count of three. You guys know what to do." Cisco said.

The three of us nodded.

"Wait." Birdie said looking at Caitlin.

She walked over to her and hugged her. "Bye mommy. I love you. You're the best mom I could've ever asked for."
"I love you too sweetheart. So much." Caitlin cried.

They hugged and then Birdie came back.

"Okay. I'm ready." She nodded.

We all took our running positions and when Cisco told us we started running. We opened a breach and they both went in. I stopped running and sighed. It was more like a relief sigh. Of course my heart hurts. I just sent my daughters back to the future but at the same time, I know I did the right thing.

I stayed down there for a while. Just thinking.

"Stop thinking about it so much. The more you do, the worse you'll feel." Caitlin said walking and sitting beside me.
"Did I do the right thing sending them back?"
"They would've disappeared if you didn't."

I nodded. "I just hope they're okay Cait. Especially Birdie. I don't want her to suffer more than she has already."

"Hey, she's a strong girl. She knows how to take care of herself, alright? Plus I know Nora will take care of her. You did the right thing and I'm sure we'll try to change the future somehow. Even if it means not having a baby together."

I looked at her and furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"
"Well maybe if we never have her, she'll never have to go through any of that. You won't disappear if we're never together. You can have a normal life with Iris and Nora." She said fiddling her fingers.
"I do not regret any of my actions Caitlin. Sure I had a family but that doesn't always mean everything's okay. Iris and I decided to call it quits. We were fighting too much and it's not healthy for her or the baby who's on the way."
"She's pregnant?"
"Yeah. We found out yesterday." I nodded.

She nodded and took a deep breath. I could tell something was bothering her. I know her too well.

"Come here." I said pulling her closer.

She sobbed against my chest while I ran my hands through her hair and held her tightly.

"You gotta stop blaming yourself for all of this Caitlin. It wasn't your fault. Iris and I decided to part ways because it's what felt right. It wasn't because of you or Birdie." I said kissing the top of her head.

She nodded and sniffled. "I'm sorry."

"We're okay sweetheart." I said kissing the top of her head.

She looked up at me and smiled softly. This time I didn't hold back and leaned in. She leaned in as well and I brushed my lips against hers slowly.

"If you're going to kiss me just do it already and stop taunting me." She said smiling, annoyed.

I chuckled and smiled. "If you insist." I said crashing my lips against hers.

It was a passionate kiss, one I didn't know I was longing for. I had my hands tangled in her hair and hers were pulling the hairs on the back of my neck causing me to moan softly. My hands found their way down to her waist and I pulled her closer to me. It was getting intense fast but someone interrupted us.

"This isn't the place to make Birdie!" Ralph said behind us.

We jumped like five feet apart and I glared at Ralph.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed.
"Just checking if you were okay cause you've been down here for quite some time but I can see why. I'll be leaving now."
"Ralph!" I shouted.
"I won't tell Rookie." He shouted back.

Caitlin was blushing madly and I smiled. I stood up and helped her stand up as well.

"Didn't know you had that in you Snow." I smirked, wrapping my arms around her waist.
"Stop it. I'm already embarrassed as it is." She said hiding her face in her hands.
"You're such a dork." I said kissing her forehead.
"So are you."
"No, I'm not." I said closing the gap between us.
"Whatever rows your boat Allen." She said smiling adorably.
"You're adorable." I smiled kissing her lips.

She kissed me back but this time, I kissed her softly as if she could break any second because in reality, I know she could.

"I love you." I whispered while kissing her.
"I love you." She whispered back.

We both smiled while kissing and for me, that was the best feeling in the world. Wait, I take that back.

She's my world.

_•_•_•_•_•_•

Oof! I'm soft! I loved this chapter! Btw, thanks for reading! I remind you that I may be going MIA for a while starting Monday! I'll try to upload at least two more chapters tomorrow!

Btw, my story is almost at 2k! 🎉 That's insane! Thanks for all the support! I really appreciate it!

Xo, Lyah