12

Jessica stood staring at the burning grave. She couldn't, she wouldn't stop thinking about John. Why did he have to leave like this?

The fire lit up their sad faces. A fire seemed to be burning in Deans eyes while it looked to be smoldering in Sam's. Jessica couldn't stop the tears from falling down her cheeks. She sniffed and hid her face from the brothers. Then, she walked away sobbing.

"Wow, Dad must've had a real impact on her." Sam said as he watched Jessica leave.

"Yeah." Dean kept looking at the fire.

"Did Dad say anything, mention anything to you?" Sam asked.

Dean shook his head. "No, no he didn't."

Sam nodded his head.

~<•>~

"Aunt Jess!" Charlie yelled. "Aunt Jess, help me!"

Jessica woke up from the sudden loudness of his voice.

"What? What is it?" Jessica came down the stairs only to be surprised by Charlie.

"Happy birthday!" Charlie smiled.

Jessica held her hand to her heart. It was pounding. "Jesus, you almost gave me a heart attack. I thought something was wrong."

"Nope, it was just my way of getting you down the stairs faster." Charlie smiled and held out a gift.

"Aw, Charlie, you didn't have to get me anything." Jessica had a smile on her lips as she took the gift. She took off the bow and opened the box. Inside was a necklace with a heart shaped locket.

"Open it." Charlie's smile grew wider.

Jessica opened the heart and gasped. Inside was a picture of Charlie. His fourteen year old self smiling. On the right side of the locket was a picture of Jessica and Rachel, laughing about something one of them said. This brought tears to Jessica's eyes.

"Oh, thank you Charlie," Jessica grabbed the boy and hugged him. "Thank you."

~<•>~

Jessica was jostled awake by the Impalas movements down the road. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and sat up.

"Morning." Sam said as he looked at her. "How are you feeling?"

Jessica looked at him and only shook her head. Then she looked at the back of Dean's head. "Where are we going?"

"We're going to meet a lady named Ellen." Dean said.

Ellen sounded vaguely familiar to Jessica. She just couldn't put her finger on it.

The Impala began to slow down as Dean pulled up to an old bar.

"Well, this is it." Dean said as Sam and him got out of the car. Jessica followed. "Alright, you two, stay here, I'm gonna go check it out." Dean walked towards the bar. He disappeared inside.

"How are you holding up?" Jessica looked at Sam. He looked at her and sighed. That was all she needed to hear from him.

"Hands where I can see them." A gun cocked behind the two.