33

The three were now at the hospital with Bobby. Jessica pulled a chair up to his bed and sat down.

"So what do we do now?" Sam asked.

"Well," Bobby started. "We save as many as we can for as long as we can I guess."

"This is bad." Jessica sighed. "No matter which side wins, we're screwed."

"What if we win?" Dean asked. Everyone looked at him like he was nuts.

"I'm serious. Screw everyone's crap, the angels, the demons, and their crap apocalypse." Dean walked in front of Bobby's bed. "Now if they want to fight a war. They can find their own planet. This one's ours and I say they get the hell off of it. We take 'em all on. We kill the devil, hell, we'll kill Micheal if we need to." Dean turned towards Bobby. "But we do it our own damn self."

"And how are we supposed to do this, genius?" Bobby asked.

Dean shrugged his shoulders. "I got no idea."

Jessica shook her head.

"But what I have is a GED, and a give 'em hell attitude. And I'll figure it out."

"You are nine kinds of crazy, boy." Bobby smiled.

"It's been said." Dean replied.

"We'll see ya in a bit, Bobby." Jessica grabbed the man's hand and squeezed it. "Stay on the mend."

Bobby nodded his head and watched as the three left his room.

~<•>~

The group was walking towards the Impala. Jessica was falling a bit behind but caught up to them.

"Hey, Jess." Dean continued walking. "Could you go wait in the car?"

Jessica looked at Sam and Dean questionably. But, she nodded her head and headed towards the car.

Outside, Jessica could hear the boys muffled yells. They were fighting again.

Jessica sighed and closed her eyes. She knew Dean was a bit upset Sam picked a demon over him. But Sammy thought he was doing something good. He thought he was preventing Lucifer. Not helping.

The drivers side door suddenly opened. Dean sat down and started the car.

"Dean—"

"Not now, Jess." Dean sighed. "Not now."

Jessica pressed her lips together and faced forward. She didn't want to leave Sam at the hospital. Couldn't the two just get along? The world was ending, and all they did was fight. Yes, Sammy started the apocalypse, but he did it on accident. Couldn't the two just work with each other instead of looking at one another in disgust?

A single tear slipped down Jessica's cheek. She faced the window so dean couldn't see. At least she hoped.

Dean backed the impala up and drove out of the hospitals parking lot.

~<•>~

1 month later

"You're, staying here." Dean said as he packed his bag.

"What?!" Jessica exclaimed. "Why? I can help take down Lucifer. I mean, I'm part angel!"

"You're staying here." Dean zipped his bag. "End of story."

"Dean—"

"I don't want you dead, Jess!" Dean Barked. "Yes, you've been hunting with us for years. But I can't lose you. You just gotta stay here."

"Why are you taking Jo and Ellen? Aren't you afraid they'll get hurt too?"

"Jess—"

"Why can't I go?" Jessica whined.

"BECAUSE LUCIFER CAN USE YOU!" Dean yelled. Jessica jumped.

"What?"

"Cas said if Lucifer sees you, he can use you to his advantage. It's because of what the angels did to you." Dean sighed. "Lucifer can snatch you and change the way you are. It's what he does." Dean walked towards Jessica. "And once you're changed, you're heading down a dark path. Darker than Sam's. Cas said Lucifer could make you stronger. And if that were to happen. There's no stopping you."

"But that won't happen." Jessica gave a small smile. "I won't let it happen, Dean."

"You have to stay here." Dean grabbed her hands. "Please, don't even think of doing anything stupid. Just, stay here."

"What happens if you don't come back?" Jessica whispered. Her eyes became glassy. "What am I supposed to do?"

Dean smirked and placed a strand of Jessica's hair behind her ear. "I always come back."

Jessica closed her eyes and felt the tears fall.

"Let me come with. Dean, I—"

Dean crashed his lips onto Jessica's and moved her closer towards him. He reached into his jackets pocket and pulled out a small syringe. Dean then pushed the needle into her skin and pressed the plunger.

Jessica flinched and pulled away.

"Ow." Jessica looked down at her arm. "Dean, what-" her eyes fluttered.

"I'm not losing you Jess. I'm sorry". Dean frowned.

"How could you?" Jessica stumbled. Her eyes glowed a pale blue. "I just-I just want to help." Her foot slipped and she fell towards the ground. Dean caught her in time and placed her on the bed behind him. Then, he took out a pair of hand cuffs and cuffed Jessica to the bed.

"I'm sorry Jess." Dean sighed and grabbed his bag. He then left the room. Closing the door behind him. Hopefully Jessica wouldn't be too mad when he got back. That is, if he came back.