122

Weeks later...

Dean and Jessica lay in bed sound asleep. Well, Jessica was asleep but Dean was restless.

The man's eyes were shut tight as he moved around. His hands would occasionally grab ahold of the sheets and grip them tightly. Sweat trickled down his face as he dreamed.

~<•>~

Dean was sitting in the Impala. His foot all the way down on the gas pedal as he raced his car to an unknown location. Rain attacked the windows as he drove.

Dean knew he was dreaming. But of what, he was completely lost. So, he decided to watch the dream all the way to the end.

He should've woken himself up.

Dean stopped the Impala outside of a motel. The rain continued to poor down as he got out of the car and ran towards an open door.

"What's in here?" Dean asked himself. "What am I looking for?"

As Dean looked around the room, he noticed that everything was thrown everywhere. The mattress ripped from the bed. The TV tipped over and broken. Books and papers thrown everywhere. Then he saw the bathroom door open.

Dean wanted to go in there, to see what was inside, but his gut told him to leave it be. He felt scared. What was on the other side of that door?

Dean slowly left the room and walked outside. The rain began to come down even harder now. His clothes were soaked and sticking to his skin. Droplets of water would fall into his eyes here and there as he began to walk farther away from the motel door.

"This is a strange dream." He thought. "There's nothing—" As a flash of lightning lit up his surroundings, he saw a hand just barely peeking around the corner of the motel.

Dean slowly made his way toward the hand. As he walked closer, he began to see a stream of blood coming from the body part.

"What the he—" As Dean rounded the corner, he froze in place. His skin grew pale as he looked down at the body in front of him.

It was Jessica.

"JESS!!" Dean quickly went to the woman and felt her neck for a pulse. When he didn't feel anything he freaked out.

"No. No no no no!" Dean could feel tears stream fiercely down his face.

Jessica had been brutally slain. Her neck cut open and bleeding. Her lip split and a bruise forming underneath her right eye. Her hair was a mess and caked in her own blood.

But the worst of it all was that her angel blade stuck out of her chest. Someone had killed her with her own blade.

Dean grabbed ahold of the woman's body and hugged her close. Tears still falling from his eyes as he cried silently for the woman he had lost.

"Dean?" Jessica's voice filled his ears.

Dean quickly looked at her and gasped. The woman's eyes were red and she held an evil smile. Jessica's teeth sharp as razors as she held her smile.

Before Dean could say anything else, Jessica attacked the man.

Dean quickly sat up in bed and panted. He turned his head toward the person sleeping next to him and sighed with relief.

Jessica was still there. Safe and sound.

Dean silently got out of bed and headed for the kitchen. He walked towards the fridge and opened the door. The cold air hit him as he searched for his favorite alcoholic beverage.

Once Dean grabbed ahold of the bottle, he closed the fridge and popped off the cap.

His body relaxed as the liquid slipped down his throat.

"Dean?" Jessica had on one of his plaid shirts and had done her hair up into a messy bun. She looked like she had just woken up.

"What are you doing up?" Dean asked as he set down his beer.

Jessica lightly smiled and walked over to him. "I could ask you the same thing. I woke up to an empty bed."

Dean slightly smiled. "I'll be back in a minute."

"Hey, what's wrong?" Jessica touched the man's arm. "You look a bit pale."

Dean brought Jessica closer to him and kissed her forehead. "It's nothing. Go back to bed. I'll be back in a second."

Jessica kept her eyes on the older Winchester and slowly nodded her head. "Alright."

She slowly walked out of the kitchen and headed to her room. Jessica climbed into bed and placed her head onto her pillow. But the only thing she didn't do was sleep.

Jessica knew Dean had had a nightmare. She practically heard her name while he was asleep. But the one thing that he didn't know was that she had had a nightmare too.

~<•>~

Jessica walked throughout a hallway lined with mirrors. The room dark with barely any light.

"Hello?" Jessica's voice echoed. She didn't receive a response.

As Jessica passed mirror after mirror, one of the parallel universes caught her attention.

Jessica stared at her reflection in awe and in fear. The image that stared back at her had red glowing eyes and sharp teeth.

Jessica stepped back in shock and tripped over her own feet. Or so she thought.

Jessica looked down and saw her own corpse laying in front of her.

"What the hell!" Jessica pushed herself from her own dead body and stood up quickly. Just as she stood, cold, sharp fingers grabbed ahold of her arms.

Jessica wrenched her arms free and spun around to face the person behind her and screamed.

Jessica saw her devilish self standing in front of her with the same sharp teeth covered in blood now.

"Stop this!" Jessica screamed. But her doppelgänger didn't listen and advanced.

"Stay away from me!" Jessica warned.

Her doppelgänger laughed. "Oh Jessica, I'm only getting closer. Soon, you'll be mine!" The woman lunged at Jessica and she woke with a start.

Jessica looked to her side and noticed that Dean was out of bed. He had probably had a nightmare and gone to the kitchen for a drink. So, Jessica got out of bed to comfort her husband.

As she walked the halls to the kitchen, her dream echoed in her ears.

"I'm only getting closer."