92

Jessica looked at the strange object on the table in front of her.

"What is this thing?" She then scoffed. "I don't see how it can be important. It's just a hunk of clay."

"I say we crack it open." Dean said as he put on a pair of safety glasses. Sam did as well.

"Alright. Let's do it then." Jessica stood back a bit and watched as the brothers went to work.

Dean opened a small tool box and got out a small sledge hammer.

"Well, whatever Dick wants is bricked up inside that." Sam said.

Dean nodded his head and brought the hammer down onto the clay. Outside, you could hear thunder rumbling. But, this didn't stop Dean, he continued with another blow to the clay. Lightning flashed and thunder shook the building they were in.

Dean looked between Jessica and Sam. "That sound like somebody saying, 'no, wait—stop' to you?"

Sam nodded his head. "Um... yeah."

"Yeah." Jessica looked down at the hunk of clay. You could already see a few cracks in it.

Dean shrugged his shoulders. "Oh, well." He went back to hammering the clay. This time, the clay began to break apart. Once he had finished, he picked up what looked like an old inscribed slab of rock.

Jessica walked forward. "It can't be." She breathed. Her fingers lightly touched the slab.

"What is it, Jessica?" Dean asked as he watched his wife.

"I-I've seen this before. I know I have." Jessica held the rock in her hands for a second then placed it back down onto the table. "Where have I seen this?"

Suddenly, Jessica gasped and tilted her head up towards the ceiling. Her eyes glowed a bright purple as images flooded her vision.

A short kid with dark hair. His eyes glowing gold. He held the slab in his hands protectively.

"Jessica?" Dean looked at her worriedly. The woman did not answer him.

Another image flashed before her. This time it had Castiel. He was better and healthy. He even had a small smile on his lips. But then it changed to him looking dirty and sad. His trench coat had rips in it.

The word prophet kept repeating itself into Jessica's mind. Along with the name of Kevin.

"Jessica!?" Dean walked towards her and grabbed her arms. He tried to shake her out of her daze but nothing worked. His eyes widened when he saw that her eyes were a different color.

Jessica saw one more image. It was of Dean. He held a strange looking blade in his hand. His eyes held determination in them as he walked through a forest Jessica did not recognize. Dean's once soft face now had a beard on it. His clothes were ripped and shredded in certain places. Black goo dyed his clothing in patches. Where was he?

Jessica gasped again and her eyes fluttered shut. Her body collapsed into her husbands arms.

"What the hell was that?" Dean asked as he looked at his brother.

"I have no idea."

~<•>~

Jessica woke up with a start. Her heart was pounding in her chest as her eyes scanned the room.

"Dean?" Jessica called out. "Sam?"

She received no answer.

Jessica stood up and began to walk around the room.

As Jessica neared the table that held the tablet, she began to hear whispers. Then the room suddenly changed.

Jessica was now standing in a white room. A thrown sat in front of her while there was a smaller one to the left.

"This is it!" A man smiled as he chiseled away at a slab of rock. "This is going to be magnificent sir!"

This man had short curly hair and a beard.

"I know you." Jessica stepped closer to the man.

"Melissa." A deep voice echoed throughout the room.

"Yes sir?" Jessica watched as her younger self walked into the room.

"Protect this tablet at all cost with your brother. I fear others may use it. You cannot let it fall into the wrong hands."

Melissa bowed. "Yes sir." She looked towards the man and gave him a small smile. He returned one.

Jessica blinked and then flinched. Standing in front of her was Dean.

"Oh thank god." Dean embraced the girl.

"What happened?" Jessica asked as she pulled away.

"One minute you're staring at the ceiling. The next you're passed out." Dean looked at the small bed on the floor. "You were out for hours until you woke up muttering something. Your eyes were purple, Jess. I've never seen them like that."

Jessica sighed and hugged her arms.

"Remember that whole time traveler job we did a few weeks ago?"

"Yeah. You were passed out on the ground when we came back from interviewing a suspect."

"Melissa came to me and told me that we were changing. My body is adapting to survive."

Dean raised a brow.

"What I mean is that, my powers are getting stronger. I'm getting stronger because I'm protecting myself from a bigger threat."

"Which is?"

Jessica shook her head. "I don't know. Even Melissa doesn't know. But this could also be the reason why my angelic powers are failing as well."

Dean nodded his head slowly.

"Well, Cas is awake. Sam got a call from Meg a few minutes ago."

"Does this mean we're going to Indiana?" Jessica asked.

"Yep." Dean said. "We sure are."