37

Jessica had closed the bar down and locked the door. She stuffed her hands into her jacket pockets as the wind played with her hair.

"Can't wait for summer." Jessica shivered. She began to make her way towards her car.

As she walked down the sidewalk, she noticed someone standing by her car.

Jessica scoffed.

"Come on Dean," Jessica stopped walking. "You can't be mad at me forever. Yeah, I ran away. I'm sorry. But it was for the best."

Dean didn't say anything.

"Look, I'm sorry, ok?" Jessica sighed. "I'm sorry for running away, but I had too. I can't be with you and Sam when you guys take down Lucifer."

Dean still didn't say anything. He only shifted his weight against Jessica's car.

"You are so complicated!" Jessica yelled as she stormed towards her car. She froze once she noticed the man she was talking to wasn't Dean.

"Wow." The man chuckled. He stood up straight and smiled. The leather jacket he wore had a few specks of blood on it. "You were really hard to find Melissa."

"Who are you?" Jessica began to slowly back up. The man walked forward.

"Isn't it obvious?" The man blinked and his eyes turned black. Then he blinked again and they went back to normal.

"What do you want with me?" Jessica asked. Her back had hit a light pole.

"You know what I want." The man grabbed Jessica's chin. "I want you to meet Lucifer. Fulfill your prophecy. That's all." The man smiled.

"Prophecy?" Jessica raised a brow.

"You were meant for something greater!" The man chuckled. "You're meant to be queen of everything! Heaven, hell, the whole universe!"

"Yeah, with everyone dead on the side."

"So." The man's face came closer towards Jessica's. "But you're meant to create something better afterwards."

Jessica's eyes slightly widened.

The man laughed.

"The angels forgot to tell you that one, huh?"

"Even if it's true. It won't happen. I won't let it."

"Oh it's going to happen." The man pulled a sharp, ancient looking object from his jacket. "And you can't do anything about it."

Behind the man, five more demons appeared.

Jessica chuckled. "Don't you know what I am?"

"Of course." The man smiled. "But obviously you've lost your mojo. So this will be easy."

He swiped the knife towards Jessica's stomach. The girl leapt back in time.

"Hold her down boys." The man growled. The five demons surrounded Jessica.

Jessica could hear her heart pounding. Her hands were shaking. Was she scared?

"Look at this." The man laughed. "Melissa Coy is terrified."

"Shut up." Jessica growled.

"See you soon Melissa." The man wiggled his fingers and disappeared. The five demons began to get closer.

"You're stuck, girl." A demon on Jessica's left lunged for her. She dodged him and slipped off of the side walk. She landed in the street on her back. The wind knocked out of her.

The demon laughed. He revealed an odd looking blade from behind his back.

These demons just love antiques.

"Lucifer needs you." The demon walked closer towards Jessica. "But nothing was said about roughing you up a little." His hand with the blade came down on Jessica and she held up her hands to shield herself.

No pain was felt. The only sound that rang through the air was a scream. And it wasn't Jessica's. It was the demons.

The other four demons looked at each other. Then, they all began to attack Jessica at once.

Jessica placed her hand on the closest demon and watched as it's eyes lit up.

Another demon came after Jessica and she quickly stood up and kicked the girl in the chest. This sent her flying into the nearest car.

Jessica stood up straight and rolled her shoulders. The shadow of her wings showed on the building behind her.

"You sure you still want to mess with me?" Jessica asked as her eyes glowed a pale blue.

"AHHH!" One demon cried out as he rushed towards Jessica. She stepped aside and grabbed ahold of his arm. Then, she placed her hand on the back of his head and watched as light pierced his eyes.

"Come on!" Jessica yelled to the other two demons. "Is this the best you got?"

Both demons looked at each other and then left their bodies.

"Thought so." Jessica turned around and flinched. The man was back.

"You're not getting off that easy." The man shoved his ancient blade into Jessica's side and twisted it.

"GAHH!" Jessica fell to the ground. Blood dripped down from her lips to her chin.

"Told ya." The man laughed as he pulled the blade out of Jessica's side.

"ZAZERIEL!" Sam yelled. The demon turned around.

"Ahh. Sam Winchester." Zazeriel smiled. "Where's that brother of yours?"

"Right behind ya, bitch."

Zazeriel whipped around and gasped as the demon blade went into his skin.

Dean pulled the blade out and watched as Zazeriel dropped to the ground. Then, he immediately went to Jessica.

"Jess, hey hey." Dean looked at her wound and cursed. She wouldn't make it.

"Hey, look at me." Dean grabbed the girls chin. "Stay awake."

Jessica chuckled weakly. "I would but." Jessica coughed up blood. "I think this is for the best."

"Don't say that." Dean grabbed the girls hand. "You don't mean that."

"Yes. I do." Jessica sighed. "If I'm dead, the world can't die."

"Jess." Dean's voice shook. "We'll find a way for you to resist the devil. Just like we are with Sam."

"What?" Jessica looked at Sam.

"We have the four horsemen rings." Dean started. "They open up a door to the gate in hell. Sammy's gonna say yes to Lucifer and then jump in."

"No," Jessica gasped. "No, you can't!"

"But we can also find a way for you too."

"I'm better off dead." Jessica seethed through clenched teeth.

"Well, you ain't dying." Dean picked the girl up in his arms.

"Please." Jessica let out a breathless whisper. Her eyes slowly closed. Slowly, the girl fell unconscious.