iii/ Boy next door

"Champagne wake up!" Paris nudges me, destroying my peaceful realm of a sleep. Okay, I could kill her. She's been at it for a full straight minute.

Sixty whole seconds.

I know this because she might have mentioned it while complaining about how deep of a sleeper I am.

I scrunch my face as I am hit, bam, face on by the bright light that shines from the window. I mean, jeez.

"Oh my God, Paris, what?" I wheeze, my morning voice as awful as my breath smells.

She jumps up and makes her way towards the blinding window, urging me to follow her, "come look!"

I lazily stand from the bed, honestly, I could literally strangle Paris, "this had better be worth it, else, tonight's date is cancelled."

Yes, I might have accidentally slipped out a yes, last night. You know, after she dug deeper and deeper, finding a secret tunnel into my wall protected emotions.

She groans, "come on whiny!" she hisses.

I shuffle my feet as fast as I could to the window, "what?" I deadpan, before turning my face to the spectacular sight we behold behind the window, "wow."

No wonder the light was so bright, it is an Angel!

Paris overly swoons, with a hand on her forehead, "who is that?"

To say he's incredibly hot, won't cut it, one bit. Trust me, he's made out of all sweet things to form one helluvan eye candy!

We watch from behind the glass as the caramel hair colored slash six pack... wait...  is that an eight... pack? Okay, all sweet things, dipped in gold.

He's shirtless and sweaty, carrying boxes from a moving van into the House next door.

Paris gasps, gripping me tightly in the shoulder, "Champagne," she breathes, "you're about to have a boy.. next... door."

Shit, she's right.

"Do you even know what that means?!" she grips tighter, "you're, for the second time, living every girl's dream. Hook me up with your genie!"

I scrunch my face and hiss in pain, then I carry her hand away from my poor victimised shoulder, "okay, first of all, ow. And second, we don't know him yet, he could be a serial killer."

She turns to me and dramatically give me an eye roll, "how are you even getting them with that attitude, you don't even want them! This is not fair. Life, why?"

I roll my eyes right back, "he could be married," I shrug, "I mean, who would look like that," I turn to the Angel behind the window, "and still be single?" I bite my lower lip, naughty thoughts flooding my mind.

"Let's go say hi to him!" Paris chirps.

I think the fuck not.

"Wait, what?" is she serious?

She waves me off with her hand, "come on, it'll be only for a couple of seconds. Okay maybe he needs help with the boxes."

"Paris," I hold her shoulder, "need I remind you how you're physically incapable of carrying a 1.50 litres bottle of juice, let alone, those boxes."

She smirks and scoffs at me, "Champagne, look in front of you," she points to the window, "that is daddy material right there, all pain can go to hell, he's the one for me, you and every girl alive. Feel it in your soul dammit, be a lady and feel it in your lady parts."

I let out a swooned breath and almost let her words get to me until she spills the next set.

"I would literally get myself off, right now, watching him. I want to lick the sweat off of him, heavens."

"Okay," I head back to the bed as I flail my hands above my head, "put some filter in that mouth of yours, and how can a person add holy heaven in that all shades of sin sentence?"

"Oh Champagne," she calls from the window with her back to me as she still honours herself with the eye candy that I am starting to regret taking my eyes off of, "you really need to get yourself multiple orgasms and surprise yourself with your all shades of holy filtered mouth."

"Whatever ho'."

Paris left later on, so she would go change in her house for our afternoon shift at work. It is a 24hr service, that runs with shifts: 6am-12pm, 12:05pm-5pm, 5:05pm-10pm, 10:05pm-3am. Okay almost a 24hr service.

Paris and I fall under the 12:05pm-5pm shift and we couldn't be any happier with our luck.

Taking a once over in front of my mirror, I think I look okay, kinda. But it doesn't matter anyway, I want to believe that I believe in myself and my non existent confidence.

I worry for myself, Paris says I look awesome but I'm not seeing it. I feel like a frog princess, only I'm not a princess, so that leaves frog.

I feel like a frog.

A very unattractive, billionaire chasing frog.

I still am not over the fact that Dean Hudson got away. Which gave and is still giving a low blow to my non existent self esteem.

Even Paris took her sweet time to straighten out my hair, which she described as, and I quote; "your hair's like a thick forest, with bugs and everything. You're one of those people that degrade the woman race, even I am ashamed of you. Oops, you broke the comb."

I sigh, slumping my shoulders in defeat. I need a makeover, but makeovers cost money, and that I do not have.

The door bell makes me almost trip, because I was too engrossed in wincing at my reflection. I walk quickly to the door without asking and without peeping, - blame my drifted mind. - open the door, coming face to face with boy next door.

Heart attack.

•••

Sorry about the shortness of this chapter, it's a short story so...

But there you go, another update! Woke up to write it. And I hope you liked it. (: