xii/ Damned

"Yes, he fucking left me to pay the fucking bills!" I answer for the umpteenth time tonight, since I came Home - also called, Paris' home (who is the actual owner) - to rant about how my date tonight was a total disaster, since the guy was obviously very broke and left me to pay the fucking bills!

I mean, if he was so tight on cash, why look for a woman? WHY BRING HER TO A RESTAURANT YOU CLEARLY CANNOT AFFORD!?

God, I am so angry right now, my ice-cream is suffering my wrath. I've noticed Paris and Eleanor wince one too many times from my unwarranted outbursts.

But it is justified! I just gave away more than half my salary on food that was barely enough to feed a baby. I feel scammed.

He used me to get food for himself to eat. HE REALLY COULD HAVE TOLD ME! I am a generous person!

"Well, I still vote you go back to Ajmal." Paris murmurs under her breath nonchalantly, ignoring the piercing glare I'm shooting at her right now.

She is non compos mentis if she thinks I would actually spare her for such audacity. I am talking about losing money here, MONEY! And she's all about Ajmal this, Ajmal that. I'm fuming here, I can practically feel smoke coming out of my ears right now.

"Well if it's any compensation, I got you a hot shot for your next date." Eleanor's voice is small, obviously trying not to be a victim, - yet again - of my wrath.

Good choice, bad idea.

I snap my head at her, transferring the glare straight at her while sucking in my cheeks and twisting my mouth. What is it with these cousins!? Why do they think every problem is solved with a man!?

I shake my head with a hiss, "absolutely not! I am not going on any date for the remainder of this month, I mean it!"

Date eight:

I'm seated across a table, staring lovingly into the most beautiful green eyes of one of the most beautiful blonde man on Earth.

It was only last night that I had thrown a fit about losing money on a very unproductive date and even abolished the idea of going to another date till forever, but somehow I don't know how I ended up agreeing.

Maybe it's because Eleanor's Fiance is returning soon and Paris is getting pretty serious with a well to do hottie she met at the gym. To summarise it all, they tapped into my emotions again.

Well, here I am, actually enjoying the company of a very refined and gentlemanly date who doesn't babble, or hide from cats and definitely is well enough to foot the bill. I already see myself in the future with him and our imaginary children.

They have his eyes, obviously.

He waves a waiter over and hands over his card, causing me to blush and feeling all giddy inside. I finally made it.

I finally meet a man that's worthy.

His hand is delicately on the small of my back as he ushers me outside towards his white Mercedes, while we laugh over something he said.

He opens the door for me - like I said, gentleman -, bows and gestures towards the entrance, making a smile appear on my face, feeling a little flush from the foreign gesture targeted at me.

Yes, nobody's ever done this for me before. No, do not judge, you're not Paris.

I already slide a leg in when a voice booms from behind me, "ANOTHER ONE? REALLY?"

I turn immediately, only to be met by blazing green eyes by a very heavily pregnant strawberry blonde. I swallow, also noticing the shiny piece of diamond on her finger.

And I'll be damned.

She sizes me up, a look of distaste on her botoxed face and I grimace, not ready for the drama that's about to unfold at all, "you," she sneers, stressing the word, "I'm not here for you, I'm here for this dog in heat here," she gestures at her husband, anger turning her face bright crimson.

In a way that puts last night's me to shame.

"a father of one, by me, and expecting, also by me," she exposes his skeletons and I can't help but want to crawl into a hole, "who apparently, cannot keep his dick in check. It's the third time this month that I've caught him red-handed."

I swallow, peeking a glance at a scared Tony whose widened eyes are directed at his raging wife, "Cara I can explain, she's just a business partner, this is just a business meeting." the lie flows easily out of his mouth like a professional.

I can't believe this is my life right now. But then again, I'm not surprised. And to think I already planned out how many children we will have inside my naive little head.

Cara looks at me again, "business partner huh?" she huffs in an unattractive way, then she walks up to me and bam! I'm seeing stars.

She slaps me right across my cheek, sending me straight to oblivion.

"That's for the lie he just tried feeding me, and this," bam! Again, "is me throwing it right back in his face."

I'm literally dying, I can't touch her, she's pregnant. She had to be fucking pregnant. It pains me so.

The pain on both my cheeks are intensifying, causing my head to throb incessantly, while my eyes spin, two stray tears trickling from them, down my cheeks.

"And you!" she points at her husband, fury emanating from her petite but intimidating figure, "by the time I'm do-ah!" she screams suddenly, holding onto her waist and stomach. Causing Tony to flinch, and run to her; his wife, the woman with whom he's supposed to be with tonight, instead of being in a not-so-decent date with me.

I swallow, feeling like an actual other woman when I had no idea he is a married man with kids, well a kid and one in transit.

Cara looks up at Tony, her eyes open wide, "I think my water just broke."

•••

My fast updates needs rewarding, really guys. And by rewards, I mean (vote, share, comment, all those good stuff.)

Can't believe it you guys, the book's almost finishing... Only 3 or 4 chapters left! I'm so excited. Uh, okay, I'm not excited, wish I could keep writing and writing and writing...

Oh, who am I kidding? I AM excited! Finishing a book, long, short or whatnot is a relief for authors. And an actual achievement, it's not easy at all. But I'm glad about the few readers I have now, I love you guys so much. Mwah!

Thank you @inusydney for the love.