ix/ Life is short

Struggling under the suffocating palm plastered aggressively on my mouth, I shift uncomfortably, making it shift upwards so my nose is blocked.

I hum in complaint and kick my feet in the air as I'm being dragged deeper into the Alley. But my attacker did not get the message as his palm digs deeper.

Tears begin to flow from my eyes as I hope that my impending doom be quick and painless. My heart beats aggressively against my chest in pure terror, while my stomach churns out of fear.

I can feel my heart beat inside my head, as I'm being suffocated maniacally by the cold hearted attacker. Dizziness rushing in, my eyes feeling like they're about to pop out of their sockets.

"Freeze right there Shawn McCarthy!" a voice booms with authority behind us.

My attacker only snickers softly against my ear, the vibration only makes me feel worse. Then his hands shift from my nose to only cover my mouth and I inhale and exhale deeply, trying to wiggle my way out of his hoarse embrace.

He turns us around slowly, and I open my eyes to see some policemen standing in rehearsed stance, pointing their guns at my attacker, ready to shoot.

I whimper behind his palm, tears incessantly pooling from my tired eyes. As I give up my continuous trial to set myself free.

"Officers!" My attacker speaks and I quickly recognise the voice of Harry Jenkins, whom the officer referred to as Shawn McCarthy, "lower your guns," his hand slowly releases it's grip from my stomach giving me a bit of relief, but my insides still feel like hell hath risen, then I feel something cold and thin on my neck, "or she dies."

I gulp. I'm going to die, and my tomb will read: 'She died single and without an orgasm.'

The officers hesitate but Har-Shawn wasn't kidding around, "don't make me say it twice!"

I watch the officer in front signal his fellow men in authority with a nod and they slowly begin to lower their guns.

But, what if he still kills me? I know for sure that serial killers don't ever keep the promises they make to the police. So I close my eyes and brace myself for the most cliche and effective defense I have watched countless times in movies.

Quickly, I shove my elbow deep into the ribs of my attacker, making him wince in pain. Then I easily wiggle myself free from his maniacal grasp and run, still with my eyes closed.

I don't want to see anything coming, it is always better that way.

Three shots blare into the atmosphere, causing me to halt abruptly. Slowly, I open my eyes and see the officer in front pointing his now smoking gun behind me.

I turn around and watch with wide eyes as Shawn stands still with three bullet holes in his stomach and chest, trying not to choke on his own blood for a few slow seconds before falling to his knees and down to the ground.

Someone comes from behind and turns me around their way, I look Paris in the eyes in utter shock and disbelief of what had transpired today.

She accesses my body for any mark or sign of hurt with tears in her eyes, "oh my god, I thought you were shot, I was so scared." she pulls me in for a hug but I don't hug back because I am still in shock, "I'm so glad you're safe, oh my god, I thought..." her words gets cut in her throat.

I finally close my eyes and breathe, slowly bringing my hands up to hug her back, "I'm alive."

Eleanor, Paris and I are seated on Paris' bed, licking ice-cream, again and discussing the horrifying events that had occurred earlier today. Eleanor had rushed over when she heard of it and gave me the tightest hug in the history of hugs when she saw me.

"I am still in disbelief that something like that happened," Eleanor says, "it's like, stuffs like that only happen in movies."

Paris sighs, "I know right? But really though, that's the scariest I..have..ever been in my entire life, and I get pretty scared!"

"I want to go on a date tomorrow." I blurt out.

"What?" "Sorry?" They both speak at once.

But what can I do now? Life is short and mine almost ended today.

•••

Shortest  chapter and I know you want to kill me for that. Calm.. Calm.. I told you earlier that this is a short story, yet, I try to make the chapters somewhat lengthy for y'all.

So please, don't hang me. Look at the good I do. I love you all, you know that. ♥