xiii/ Retired Dater

After a much detailed experience tale of my unfortunate previous date, Paris and Eleanor couldn't contain the mocking laughter that erupted from their mouths.

To the betterment of my embarrassment, Eleanor had said that she had once experienced something similar to that, but hers had unfolded in front of a growing crowd.

Paris, well, as shameless as she is hadn't been shoved a hurl of insults in the face by a wife, over her husband. She's one lucky bitch.

My face took almost a week to heal before I embarked further on my ten date journey, after everything I already experienced, what could go wrong?

"Don't mind me asking Grayson, but is there anything more interesting behind me that you would like to share?" I ask blatantly to my date who has spent all the time from whence our date commenced, gaping behind me on intervals and toying with his blue tie.

He clears his throat before gulping down his wine, "look, Champagne," he sighs, a look of what I can make up as guilt washes over his facial features, "I'm going to be honest with you,"

I nod him on, my brows furrowing in confusion, "I am gay."

I am gay.

I am gay.

I am gay.

Those words resonates inside my head for reasons that clearly confuses me. Maybe it's because I haven't really gotten over the incident with Ajmal, even though I have spent all these time convincing myself that I don't care.

Life, why me?

Death, pick me.

I blink out of my daze and disappointment, the grim line of his lips made transparent that he is waiting for me to digest his words.

"You're gay," I echo his words in a whisper, the top of my fingers grazing my bottom lip, "I don't understand."

He nods his head curtly like this isn't weird at all, "I'm sorry if I portrayed the wrong impression for bringing you here." he stopped, as if that made sense at all.

"I still do not understand."

"My boyfriend and I broke up, he claimed I'm too clingy and controlling but that's obviously none of your business," he began, saying it like it's a normal thing and not an offense that he had clearly brought me out here on false pretenses, "truth is, he's been seeing someone new and I found out they were going to have dinner here tonight, and I needed an excuse to come over here and check out the trash he left me for."

This is all too much, so I am a pawn in his silly little stalking game. I see why he got dumped, but no need to be quick to judge.

"Don't you have friends?" obviously, he could have brought one of them instead of wasting my precious time.

He shakes his head with a smile on his face and I can see that he's trying to fake amusement over this not-funny-at-all situation. I guess his ex looked over and that's why he's pretending to enjoy this conversation.

"I don't have friends darling, everyone leaves," he clearly states like it's not a big deal, "they all say I'm a handful and need to check into a mental institution but that's all bullshit, I know I'm too hot to handle." a giggle escapes his lips, startling me.

If his friends leave him with reasons enough for him to be checked into a mental institution, it clearly means he's probably unstable and I'm most likely in danger, again.

I swallow the lump in my throat, "I'm sorry, but I have to go."

His face quickly falls, a frown etching onto his features and making his brows furrow, "what? No, no, you're staying right here."