5. Losing Patience

Sorry for the late update, I've been sick and busy with my final exams coming up. Luckily my spring break's coming up so I should be able to update a little more often then.

Crystal's POV 

"Crystal," He started. For a second he looked panicked, but the look quickly disappeared and was replaced with his cool calm. "I was just thinking about you."

"I'm sure you were." I gave him a flat look before gesturing with the gun toward one of the armchairs. He moved quickly, but confidently over to the seat.

"As a matter of fact," He said as he took a seat. "I was just going to call you. Everything going on the news, well, they've got it all wrong. I didn't do anything."

I raised my eyebrows in disbelief at him.

Marrek glared in his direction. "I'd shut up if I were you," He said coldly.

To Jackson's credit, he didn't even flinch.

"No, please continue," I said. "I'd love to see how you intend to talk yourself out of this."

"Umm," Another voice spoke up and I glanced briefly at Noah still hanging from Marrek's grip. "Seeing as how this clearly doesn't involve me since it's entirely his fault. Can I be put down?"

I nodded to Marrek and he set Noah back down on his own two feet. Noah quickly took a few steps back and brushed himself off.

"Since this has nothing to do with me, can I leave?" He asked hopefully.

Marrek didn't even glare at him. He just looked at him. Said absolutely nothing and just looked at him. Noah immediately sat down, shut up, and refused to move.

I turned my focus back to Jackson. "Please, continue. I'm just dying to hear what you have to say."

Jackson shot me a dazzling smile. I shot him a glare. His smile faltered.

"Clearly, you've been wronged in some way-"

"Understatement of the century."

"-though I can assure you, it wasn't my fault."

I stared at him, barely processing his words. He must be joking. He shot me another dazzling smile as if this was supposed to get him out of this mess. As if I was just supposed to swoon and forgive him. Likely that happened a lot.

Too bad for him, I only swooned on special occasions. This wasn't one of them.

"Honestly," I started as I stared down at him. "I don't care what you have to say. I don't care how you intend to talk yourself out of this. I want nothing more than to make you pay for everything you've done to me but . . . that's going to have to wait. I have more pressing matters to deal with."

I kept the gun leveled evenly at him. "Where is the necklace?"

I watched him blink blankly at me, watched his cocky demeanor fade to utter confusion as if he wasn't processing my words.

"Necklace?" He questioned, the look of confusion not fading.

I held up my fingers. "About this big. Shaped like a heart. Silver chain and setting. Sapphires and diamonds on it."

I saw a spark of realization light up his eyes before he buried it quickly. He folded his hands in his lap and the look of confusion was gone, once again replaced with his usual cocky arrogance.

"What necklace?" He asked innocently.

I glared at him before taking a few steps closer to him. Close enough to hit him. I pulled my arm back and swung my fist into his jaw before he could say anything else.