12. Hitmen, Guns, and Bait

Crystal's POV

I stared into the crowd as if I'd somehow be able to pick him out, but I was startled out of my trance by an idiot.

"We're leaving," Jackson said as he wrapped an arm around my waist and started guiding me from the room. "Now."

I glared at him. "Why are you just now in a hurry?"

Jackson swore and glared at me. "You have no idea who that was, do you?"

"Should I?" I asked him.

He muttered something under his breath and continued to drag me from the building. That was actually fine by me, I had what I wanted, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to purposely drag my feet just to give him a hard time.

"That was John Doe," Jackson stated as he continued to try and drag me from the building.

His statement, however, simply caused me to come to an abrupt stop. "The hitman?" I asked curiously.

John Doe was currently the world's best hitman. He was cunning, deadly, stealthy, and if he was the one hired against you . . . you never stood a chance. Though not many people could actually tell you what he looked like, but it didn't surprise me that Jackson knew.

"Why doesn't it surprise me that you've actually heard of him?" Jackson stood still and stared at me. "I don't much care for that look on your face."

"What look?" I asked innocently.

Jackson continued to watch me. "You have a look on your face that suggests you actually want to go speak with that guy."

"You never know when you might need the services of a hitman."

"Why could you possibly need a hitman?" He asked me.

"For one, there's this annoying conman that can't seem to keep his hands off me."

He smiled widely and winked at me and then he tapped me on the nose, turned on his heels and walked out of the room.

I followed after him and since he'd gone a grand total of seven feet, I caught up with him quicker than I would have liked. "What's the hold-up?" I questioned as he didn't move.

I looked in the direction that was holding is attention and inwardly, I was strangling him and cursing him out. Outwardly, I groaned and glared lasers into the back of his head.

Why? Because there were men in suits guarding the exit and looking closely at everyone leaving.

"Are you kidding me?" I hissed.

"I suppose that means you're also going to blame me for this," Jackson said.

I continued to glare at the back of his head. "No, actually," I told him. "I'm just going to kill you."

"Whatever you say."

I was about two seconds from shoving him into one of the men in suits and then leaving them to deal with him.

"Do you have a plan or we just going to stand here and stare at them until they spontaneously disappear?" I asked him.

"I'm thinking," He replied vaguely.

And so was I. I was thinking my idea of shoving him in front of the men in suits was utterly brilliant.

"I have a plan," He suddenly announced. "but you're not going to like it."

He had turned to face me and I gave him a deadpan look. "Well I have a plan as well and I definitely like it."

He shrugged. "My plan's better."