25. Surveillance

Got some free time and managed to finish editing this chapter. So, here you all go.

Also, for those of you read my rant at the end of the last chapter . . .

The other vet (or yahoo depending on what you prefer) finally called us back (like literally ten minutes ago). We told him Koda was doing fine, that our usual vet properly diagnosed him, and that we were unhappy because if we'd listened to him then we wouldn't have had a wonderful dog anymore. And he started back tracking on everything he said. Told us that the x-rays showed how he was right (he didn't take x-rays. We have the after visit summary that says so) and he told us our usual vet was wrong.

I. I just. I can't. How is our usual vet the one wrong when our dog is practically fine now?

So the good news is that Koda's nearly back to normal now. Still a slight a stumble every now and again, but he's still taking his medication and he has a follow up appointment tomorrow (Not with the yahoo).

Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

Crystal's POV

As soon as Jackson and Noah left to tend to their "other matters" Julie, Damien, and I immediately came to the unanimous conclusion to not follow Jackson's instructions.

Instead, we opted to follow the little psycho killer's wife around.

And so, Julie and I were currently staked out at the restaurant across the street from the one she was currently dining at for lunch.

Thus far, this stalking business had been very boring. She'd gone to breakfast at the hotel with Branson, then done some lounging on the beach. After that, it had been a morning of shopping and getting her nails done before stopping in at this restaurant for lunch. She'd been reading a magazine and checking her phone throughout her lunch, but since we couldn't see exactly what she was doing on her phone, there was nothing out of the ordinary.

"I don't get it," Julie said as she eyed her sitting at her table outside, while we were sitting inside the other restaurant staring at her from a window seat. "She breaks into your room while you're sleeping, leaves you a note that's really more of a thinly veiled threat basically saying that she get to you whenever she wants, and then she goes shopping."

"She's married to Branson," I reminded her. "And I think the threat was more of, I know where you are too."

Julie shrugged. "Either way. It's not ideal."

"Nothing about any of this is ideal," I muttered as I sipped at the coffee I'd ordered.

I could feel Julie trying to burn a hole in the side of my head. I let out a sigh. "What?" I asked her.

"We can get out of here," She said.

I gave her a flat look.

"I mean it," She said. "To hell with him telling your father anything. If we give the SD card to Damien, the FBI will take down your father and there will be no more threats from Storm."

I tapped my fingers on the table. "I know," I told her. "I've thought about it. My father will be out to get me even after the FBI's put him in jail, so it really would be no different even if Jackson told him now."

"Then what's stopping you?"

I looked back over at "Mrs. Branson." I nodded my head in her direction. "Branson," I replied.

"He's on the SD card too right?" Julie asked me. "So if you hand it over to the FBI like you're going to anyway, they'd take him down too."

"Yeah," I muttered. "But it'd be too late by then."